Texaco Gas Station At 2415 Main St.

rsb320

Yeah, the building across from the Cadillac dealership will be a bar/lounge and the building behind it is being renovated into a clinic.  

We should merge this topic with this one: http://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/27327-lounge-clinic-same-block-in-midtown/#entry413178 

I feel like Main St in Midtown is finally starting to kick off, tons of development under-construction or planned directly on Main St:

1. Main and Bremond - Lounge

2. Superblock Park and Retail

3. 7 Story Camden - Residential 

4. Trinity Church putting housing on next door lot - Residential

5. Bob Schultz - Retail/Office/Parking Expansion of Continental Club Area - http://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/26573-many-proposed-midtown-mixed-use-multifamily-developments/?hl=%2Bmain+%2Bstreet#entry401895

5. Broadstone Midtown - Residential

6. The MATCH - http://www.matchouston.org/ 

7. Primeway Building being renovated for Interfaith Ministries - http://www.bisnow.co...deal-sheet-502/ - Office

8. Saigon Cafe 2 @ 3101 Main - I saw a sign that said coming soon but I don't know if this is new or old - Retail

Edited by DrLan34
  • Like 1

4. Trinity Church putting housing on next door lot - Residential

Do you mean Trinity Episcopal parking  lot at Holman and Main?

I think the church is in early early talk of building a multi-level parking garage to take advantage of the additional parking needs  especially of the New Multi-arts Complex going in across Main street.

Do you mean Trinity Episcopal parking  lot at Holman and Main?

I think the church is in early early talk of building a multi-level parking garage to take advantage of the additional parking needs  especially of the New Multi-arts Complex going in across Main street.

That could be true, I was going off of the below, looks like it could be parking and residential.

http://www.bisnow.com/commercial-real-estate/houston/midtown-under-development/ 

"Dan says affordable housing makes sense there for residents without cars, and demand is high, but it’s hard to make the numbers work. Trinity is partnering with an affordable housing expert, and its master plan calls for a 100-unit multifamily complex with seniors, low-income, and workforce housing plus parking. He tells us the old Midtown code enforcement site is selling to an apartment developer, and Camden and Midtown are gearing up a three-part development at the Superblock (a multifamily community, park, and retail/ commercial buildings). Lastly, Urban Deal’s Adam Brackman is redeveloping the old Sunnyland Furniture store (empty since 1989's TS Allison) into a mixed-use retail/office/multifamily building."

Edited by DrLan34

That could be true, I was going off of the below, looks like it could be parking and residential.

"Dan says affordable housing makes sense there for residents without cars, and demand is high, but it’s hard to make the numbers work. Trinity is partnering with an affordable housing expert, and its master plan calls for a 100-unit multifamily complex with seniors, low-income, and workforce housing plus parking. He tells us the old Midtown code enforcement site is selling to an apartment developer, and Camden and Midtown are gearing up a three-part development at the Superblock (a multifamily community, park, and retail/ commercial buildings). Lastly, Urban Deal’s Adam Brackman is redeveloping the old Sunnyland Furniture store (empty since 1989's TS Allison) into a mixed-use retail/office/multifamily building."

It's interesting about that quotation on multi-family. I am new to the church, and haven't heard anything in that direction. However, the church has reoccurring financial "woes" the endowments, aren't what one would expect. The upkeep of a 100 year old building and the 100 year old Historical building next door (just recently purchased) seems to strain

Monies dedicated for maintenance/restoration. The Historical (Bering House) building is said to be destined to be a Multi-arts of a sort--but no residential.

I sat thru a  very short presentation on the parking lot use-- centered on retaining ownership, allowing the church to have free parking during church service times---paid parking for everyone else. The monies this plan would generate-- seemed respectable---

No mention at all about residential living space.

TS Allison was in 2001.  Sunnyland had moved out to Fondren at least by the early 80's.  I think they may have kept the Midtown location as a warehouse, but I'm not sure.

It's interesting about that quotation on multi-family. I am new to the church, and haven't heard anything in that direction. However, the church has reoccurring financial "woes" the endowments, aren't what one would expect. The upkeep of a 100 year old building and the 100 year old Historical building next door (just recently purchased) seems to strain

Monies dedicated for maintenance/restoration. The Historical (Bering House) building is said to be destined to be a Multi-arts of a sort--but no residential.

I sat thru a  very short presentation on the parking lot use-- centered on retaining ownership, allowing the church to have free parking during church service times---paid parking for everyone else. The monies this plan would generate-- seemed respectable---

No mention at all about residential living space.

Thanks for the update, please keep us informed if you come across additional information. Did they mention that the parking lot would have a garage constructed on it?

Also, is the Bering House the one at 3400 Fannin, that building looks pretty cool

Edited by DrLan34

• 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Old Texaco Station On Main St.
  • The title was changed to Texaco Gas Station At 2415 Main St.