Vintage Park Shopping Village Developments

mrfootball

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah its really getting bad around 249 with the clear cutting...its too bad more of an attempt to conserve the natural landscape isnt being made in the development all over NW houston. the woodlands is doing a pretty good job, they should follow that model more than their wallets...or at least try to compromise

Mediterranean architecture in a pine forest. What a joke.

I guess I'm not the only one who thinks it clashes. IMO, the Mediterranean/Tuscan stuff works best in treeless areas like Katy. I think they need to rethink this and permit other classic styles (in the neighborhood area).

What I would've loved to have seen was a classical European (German)-architectural style shopping center, which would fit in well with the forest as well as linking it to the cultural past of the area which was settled by German farmers back in the mid-1800's.

Regardless, I think the plans look good, I don't mind the European (Italian) style for the shopping center especially if its like Uptown Park. My main criticism is reserved for the residential section of this new development, and Kickerillo's myopic love of Mediterranean-style -- forcing it upon homebuyers. They need to loosen it up and allow any classic European style. I think that would sell like crazy. Right now, I think they're limiting themselves.

im trying to get a idea of the type of stores Interfin is trying to get in the center. Is he going to try to poach the nicer stores from Willowbrook or go more in the direction of the Woodlands Town Center in store makeup. Also has anyone heard if it is a HEB or a Central Market.

It is being billed as an upscale center, I've heard Pottery Barn will be one of the tenants.

I'm thinking its going to be more like Town Center.

Personally, I would really like for them to put an Escalante's and a Maggiano's in.

As for the HEB owned project. I've heard Central Market, I've heard Big HEB. Personally, I think something like the Woodlands Market - a hybrid would be well received.

Call it "Vintage Market"

Any HEB folks out there....you can have that one for free. ;)

thats what i was thinking, z gallerie, pottery barn, and stuff like that mixed in with upscale clothiers, and specialty shops. The furniture stores help reduce parking spot demands in the development so there are usually alot in town center developments. I truly think there is a great opportunity for stores like J.Crew, Brooks Brothers etc. to move into the market. The area is growing very rapibly and there are thousands of $300's+ homes going up in the area. I agree that restaurants like Maggianos and others would be a great asset to the area. This development has one huge advantage over many other town center developments in the United States. It has a 10000+ employee campus(HP) located across the street to create a steady lunch crowd. This i believe will spur alot of restaurants in the development.

Add to that the fact that the HP Campus is now beginning to lease office space to corporations like Exxon who are going to fill that Campus back up to its pre-merger heyday employing 20-30,000 people. People don't realize that we actually have a Town Center already...the HP Campus, which will become home to more and more different corporations.

The plans for the Vintage Park area include a significant plans for a Pharmaceutical campus and other corporate facilities.

Per the Loren Steffy blog article about the project:

Vincent Kickerillo shared his unique vision with Walter Mischer: a master-planned community of nearly 640 acres complete with large home sites for luxurious custom homes priced from $450,000 to more than $2.5 million, a high-end open air retail center, a hotel, lofts, apartments, office buildings, banks, a medical/pharmaceutical campus, retirement housing, and over 100 acres of lakes.

Ladies & Gentleman...town center NW.

I guess I'm not the only one who thinks it clashes. IMO, the Mediterranean/Tuscan stuff works best in treeless areas like Katy. I think they need to rethink this and permit other classic styles (in the neighborhood area).

What I would've loved to have seen was a classical European (German)-architectural style shopping center, which would fit in well with the forest as well as linking it to the cultural past of the area which was settled by German farmers back in the mid-1800's.

Regardless, I think the plans look good, I don't mind the European (Italian) style for the shopping center especially if its like Uptown Park. My main criticism is reserved for the residential section of this new development, and Kickerillo's myopic love of Mediterranean-style -- forcing it upon homebuyers. They need to loosen it up and allow any classic European style. I think that would sell like crazy. Right now, I think they're limiting themselves.

I agree totally - German would look fantastic there. How come of all the stylistic ripoffs you see in today's architecture, none of them is German? Is it just harder to convincingly create that wood-beam and stucco look with today's building methods?

I warm to the idea of seeing smiling blond, large breasted women, schlocking large glasses of beer around...

This IS my vision for the community. This is my dream. :wub:;)

lindau_02.jpg

Seriously...though...I think the whole Spanish, Italian thing has gotten tired. I'd like to see us do some German or Czech stuff. This area is filled with them. It represents the historic heritage of the area. Let's embrace it. Why not, you know the Germans build things to last at least 100 years...some builder could capitalize off this...

The problem you have is Interfin is doing the project. Borleini(sp) creates some gaudy stuff but he usually attracts top of the line tenants. There are a couple of certain things he will create something extremely nice although out of place for the area. No mutch we can do bout it though

("What I would've loved to have seen was a classical European (German)-architectural style shopping center, which would fit in well with the forest as well as linking it to the cultural past of the area which was settled by German farmers back in the mid-1800's.")

I think this is a refreshing idea, and I think it would look pretty cool.

My only thing to add to it would be that the original German architecture in this area was, as you say, farmhouses and so on. So it may be tricky to integrate stylistic elements of the rustic/old-fashioned German farmhouses with something on the scale of a modern shopping plaza...but I think it could probably be done. I think it would be fascinating to see whatever the result was.

I've heard of a few preserved historic German places in Texas. These could definitely be used for design inspiration. I think I've heard of several churches, for example. I think they're west of here, maybe closer to the Hill Country. And of course there are some farms preserved in this area.

The drawings for vintage park show a movie theater. Does anyone know what type of theatre they are trying to get involved in the development. I was thinking since the development is supposed to be top of the line maybe something like an alamo drafthouse or some type of indie theatre

There's a 19 Screen IMAX Silverado theatre going a couple miles down on 249 towards Tomball. Add to that the additional Drafthouse-style theatre that's going in at the old Home Depot location a mile up 249 towards FM 1960.

Lots of theatres going in.

• 2 weeks later...

The new flyer is up at the CBRE website. The project is now a go and they are starting work. It will include a 90000+sf HEB(not sure what type). Plus a village style 324000sf ground level and 32000sf second level upscale retail. The streets will be cobblestone and drive up parking for visitors. (if the picture they show in the ad is what they are planning on this place looking like it will be the nicest looking shopping center in Houston.

http://www.loopnet.com/Attachments/5/4/6/5...0D4AE3DEA37.pdf

The new flyer is up at the CBRE website. The project is now a go and they are starting work. It will include a 90000+sf HEB(not sure what type). Plus a village style 324000sf ground level and 32000sf second level upscale retail. The streets will be cobblestone and drive up parking for visitors. (if the picture they show in the ad is what they are planning on.) This place looking like it will be the nicest looking shopping center in Houston.

http://www.loopnet.com/Attachments/5/4/6/5...0D4AE3DEA37.pdf

Heres the link to the other thread already discussing vintage park. the links on this thread do work.

...well apparently the link might not work because its having problems with me but mr.football already started a topic on vintage park

It wont be an HEB plus because most of those are over 125000s/f. This store will probably be an HEB hybrid store (ie Woodlands Market). It makes the most sense ecnomically. However Interfin and the other investors are selling this project (the entire vinage area) as top of the line. Saying that i think they would recruit central market very heavily.

A hybrid store (part Central Market part Big HEB) sounds quite likely. They ought to go ahead and call it "Vintage Market"...either way a Central Market with or without diapers will be a hit.

I wonder if they're going to build a Big HEB over at their new site near Cole's Crossing?

With this centralizing of wealth in the area, the Willowbrook Mall might be A) forced to compete, therefore creating 2 great shopping areas. or B) decline into what the Greenspoint Mall is today, except without the crime, due to the "$$$$$$" shopping on FM 1960.

I was on Google Earth the other day, and went over this area. The images on there still show the entire forest that was owned by Compaq, before anything was sold to Kickerillo. It is amazing to see that patch of green amid all the suburban clutter of northwest Houston. It really stood out. Hopefully this new project turns out to be worthy.

Archived