5 mile $86,113

PARKING SPACES: 80

PARKING RATIO: 4/1000

TOTAL LAND AREA: 114,180 acres

http://www.levcor.com/Images/Projects/Texas/Houston/Richmond-Render-Large.jpg

http://www.levcor.com/Images/Projects/Texas/Houston/Richmond-Layout-Large.jpg

http://www.levcor.com/Documents/Projects/T...chmond-Rice.pdf

• Like 1

Errpp..looks like somewthing out of the 60s, or something..plus..all of that parking. Blech.

TRAFFIC COUNTS

Richmond Avenue 36,310 cars/day

Rice Avenue 5,804 cars/day

i know this is kind of silly quoting something that i posted, but here is some proof that developers are also looking for actions in the residents as far as urban infrastructure goes. ;)

Wish it was more connected or pedestrian friendly like Rice Village it has some of those elements but the big parking lot in the middle ruins it

I have been paying close attention to strip centers in other cities and such centers are indeed quite common. However, unlike Houston, their parking lots are much smaller and there is a row of trees/vegetation between every couple of rows of parking space. That helps a lot in making such shopping center seems more human-scale and inviting. Unfortunately, in Houston, most strip centers face gigantic, tree-less parking lots. This center also seems to have allocated a lot of space for parking.

Yeah, I didn't have any real concerns about the project (like Subdude said, it looks very typical of strip centers) until I saw the excessive parking. Seems to me they're short changing themselves, as some of that space could've been used for more retail space.

I have no problems with providing parking space (after all, this is the Sunbelt) but there still is such a thing as too much.

Okay.

Question: Is it Rice Boulevard or Rice Avenue? The diagram say Blvd. There is a difference.

I am thinking it is Rice Avenue in uptown and not Rice Boulevard in the Village. With that being said, I think the design is hideous.

Perhaps it will look better when built.

Okay.

Question:  Is it Rice Boulevard or Rice Avenue? The diagram say Blvd.  There is a difference.

I am thinking it is Rice Avenue in uptown and not Rice Boulevard in the Village.  With that being said, I think the design is hideous.

Perhaps it will look better when built.

It seems like uptown since I don't know where Rice Blvd and Richmond meet.

It is another street named rice completely different than the one in the village. The description of Ave. and Blvd. is the difference. This streets runs north-south and intersects Richmond just west of Sage.

It is another street named rice completely different than the one in the village.  The description of Ave. and Blvd. is the difference. This streets runs north-south and intersects Richmond just west of Sage.

Right, it's South Rice. It was confusing becase they left off the "South".

It is Rice Ave. in Uptown. That's an error in the rendering, as Rice Blvd. runs east-west through the Village area and over to Rice U. Rice Ave. runs north-south through Uptown down to Bellaire, and does cross Richmond.

• The title was changed to Shopping Center On South Rice Ave. & Richmond Ave.
  • The title was changed to Retail Center At 5201 Richmond Ave.