Tom DeLay on Dancing With The Stars

Heights2Bastrop

They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel over at the Dancing With the Stars production. Among the lineup of people for the new segments (most of whom I have never heard of) is none other than Tom DeLay.

I never got past the first two episodes of the very first program, and tuned in once just to see Clyde glide. Other than that I had no interest in this show. Now I have less than none after the new grouping was announced today.

On thing about Delay’s appearance is that the show wanted someone “edgy”, but DeLay wasn’t their first choice. Those who were asked, but who declined for one reason or another, included Rod Blagojevich, William Jefferson, Spiro Agnew, James McGreevey and Richard Nixon. I think OJ was next in line to be propositioned.

On the other hand, if Tommy can dance around the floor as well as he could dance around accusations, he just might win the whole she bang. Stranger things have happened.

They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel over at the Dancing With the Stars production. Among the lineup of people for the new segments (most of whom I have never heard of) is none other than Tom DeLay.

I never got past the first two episodes of the very first program, and tuned in once just to see Clyde glide. Other than that I had no interest in this show. Now I have less than none after the new grouping was announced today.

On thing about Delay’s appearance is that the show wanted someone “edgy”, but DeLay wasn’t their first choice. Those who were asked, but who declined for one reason or another, included Rod Blagojevich, William Jefferson, Spiro Agnew, James McGreevey and Richard Nixon. I think OJ was next in line to be propositioned.

On the other hand, if Tommy can dance around the floor as well as he could dance around accusations, he just might win the whole she bang. Stranger things have happened.

That's just painful. :ph34r:

Actually, not only can DeLay dance, he can sing as well!

“Ooh I love to dance a little sidestep,

Now they see me now they don't- I've come and gone

And, ooh I love to sweep around the wide step,

Cut a little swathe and lead the people on.”

They were talking to Craig about appearing, but the talks stalled out.

Nice one bud.

You know, he or Mark Foley would have worked well for PR hype. And I am shock that Blagojevich did not accept, if he ever was considered.

“And am shockws that Blagojevich did not accept, if he ever was considered.”

I think the idiot who started this post meant that as a joke.

Nice self reference.

But considering his wife was on "I'm A Celebrity" as a sub for him since he could not leave the country, it is not so far fetched.

http://politicalhumor.about.com/b/2009/08/17/tom-delay-joins-dancing-with-the-stars.htm

Let the mockery commence:

"Does he know the 'Perp Walk?' —ABC News's Brian Ross

"What’s next — Newt Gingrich on 'America’s Next Top Model'"? —Politico's Andie Coller

"Tom Delay on 'Dancing With The Stars'; First Contestant With Electronic Ankle Bracelet" —Andy Borowitz

"Isn't it interesting that in our society somebody who is indicted for violating campaign finance law is now a celebrity. He ought to be running for prom queen in San Quentin or some place." --CNN's Jack Cafferty

"DeLay is currently working on a plan to re-district the dance floor lines to unknowingly put the other 'Dancing with the Stars' contestants out-of-bounds." —The Hotline

"It is not known if DeLay will wear spandex and sequins." —ABC News's Brian Ross

And the winner is........

"I am afraid when I go to sleep tonight dreams of Tom DeLay getting soaked in the Flashdance chair await me." —@pourmecoffee via Twitter

• 1 month later...

The ol' boob tube didn't get turned on last night (and I don't think I get the Dancing with the Stars channel anyhow), but I read in the paper this morning Hot Tub Tom edged out Kathy Ireland to dance another day. All I can say is thank goodness. I'd hate to see DeLay disgraced. Er...

And, kudos to the Chronicle for realizing just how important DeLay's dancing results are and including a blurb about it on the front page above the fold.

Archived