I Feel Sick

rbarz

This was a house I tried to buy a few times... every time I was out bid and there was always a lot of interest with this house that was never active for more than a week. I assumed the interest came from the awesome modern style of the home. Apparently I was wrong.

Before

1414ESugarCreekBefore2.jpg1414ESugarCreekBeforeBack.jpg

After

IMAGE_030.jpg

Are you thinking why would they tear down that perfectly nice house and replace it with that ridiculous stucco and tile "Mediterranean" home?

If you are, then you would be surprised to learn they paid more per square foot than anything else in the neighborhood to remodel it into that nightmare. (Even though it was already completely remodeled inside)

This would have to go into the books as one of the worst remodels ever. Before they purchased it the home was worth $515,000, now, after the very expensive remodeling job its probably worth $450,000.

Why would anyone get in a bidding war and pay over list price for a remodeled very original home to dump a bunch of money into it and completely change the outside into something that looks like 30 other homes in the neighborhood?

It looks liake a wash to me, ugly for ugly. It was a monstosity of square mud before.

lol

Just in case you referred to it as mud because it looks like adobe or stucco in the photos, it was actually cedar siding.

If it was a homeowner remodeling the home to their own personal taste, I don't have a problem with it, their property, their choice. But if they were remodeling it just to flip it, they made a big time pile of FAIL.

You have to wonder why the owners bought this house. With the amount of changes they made, it obviously didn't appeal to them. Was it the only home of that size in the neighborhood at that time, or did they just get caught up in the stupidity of the house flipping trend?

Looks to be architect designed, of the 1970's era. Unable to look up additional information without an address... "rbarz", can you provide such?

The "updating" this property has undergone is really quite mind numbing.

1414 E Sugar Creek Blvd

Sugar Land, TX

You have to wonder why the owners bought this house. With the amount of changes they made, it obviously didn't appeal to them. Was it the only home of that size in the neighborhood at that time, or did they just get caught up in the stupidity of the house flipping trend?

Well if they did plan to flip it had to have been the worst buy on the books because they paid over list and well over $100/SF. They probably can't get more than they paid for the house much less all the money they dumped into the stucco and pitched roof.

Archived