Franklin Towers?

UrbaNerd

Well..I was checking out Emporis..and they seem to have a new proposed tower...

http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/bu/?id=160098

No pics, or info, yet..except for the architects. They designed 3333 Allen Pkwy/The Royalton.

i could be mistaken but i believe that's where the 4 or 6 story red brick building is currently located. its a block or two "north" of MMP and had like a metal structure adjacent to it. if its the same spot, the previous owner was going to demolish it and put up a high-rise. after 9/11 and enron, he then decided to gut it and convert into condos. he then got over his head and stopped like 1/2 way through and put it on the market. after a couple of months, there were no takers and they reduced the price to something like +/- $3 or $4M. i think it finally sold six or seven months ago...

but again, it may not even be the same site.

i could be mistaken but i believe that's where the 4 or 6 story red brick building is currently located.  its a block or two "north" of MMP and had like a metal structure adjacent to it.  if its the same spot, the previous owner was going to demolish it and put up a high-rise.  after 9/11 and enron, he then decided to gut  it and convert into condos.  he then got over his head and stopped like 1/2 way through and put it on the market.  after a couple of months, there were no takers and they reduced the price to something like +/- $3 or $4M.  i think it finally sold six or seven months ago...

but again, it may not even be the same site.

No way that a site in Downtown sold for three or four million.

Emporis is clearly to big for there own good, I used to enjoy browsing through their database and looking at construction photos and what not of various cities, though now you have to join, and if Im not mistaken its fairly expensive?

Emporis is clearly to big for there own good, I used to enjoy browsing through their database and looking at construction photos and what not of various cities, though now you have to join, and if Im not mistaken its fairly expensive?

It seems like every time I stop by that site less and less is available to the public. It's a shame, too, considering most of the information on that site comes from a legion of unpaid volunteers. I'm considering doing some advertising on their site. The rate they quoted me was over $21,000. Yeah, right. For that price I can advertise on television.

It seems like every time I stop by that site less and less is available to the public.  It's a shame, too, considering most of the information on that site comes from a legion of unpaid volunteers.  I'm considering doing some advertising on their site.  The rate they quoted me was over $21,000.  Yeah, right.  For that price I can advertise on television.

Or..we could get on the news again..for free! :P

• The title was changed to Franklin Towers?

Archived