Cypress Station Grill

tracyd

Well guys I have been to this establishment. Food is bland IF you expect cajun seafood. I am the partner of Pauls ( the other monkey ) Staff are still in training. i have spoken to Paul on this and I assure you this should not happen again. Wait staff should have told the buss person what was happening.

As for the Monkey and Clown. Harmony the Clown has 5 monkeys. She shows up and we put her in the front waiting area away from food. Guests can go see her outside or at the entrance. Monkey is dressed and kids love it. She also does the balloons. Great clown. I am sure she does parties and so on.

Now from a partner. Almost all reviews on the food are real good. Everyone can not be pleased with all we do. You can ask for more spice to be added at anytime. Paul has been in this business for over 30 years and is a good man. He may have been a bit flustered on that day.

Give it another shot and let them know you want spicy food or any other request you may have. Lee is the Manager, ask for him if you have any issues. Feel free to respond to me at fredadams@adamsdist.com with any issues you have or need resolved.

In a day and age where good restaurants are being closed all the time and other good ones are having trouble opening their doors (due to the economy), this isn't very positive.

Just reading all of this is MAJORLY deterring me and my wife from going there. "Giving it a shot" may not be enough to keep this thing open, unfortunately.

I have been reading the board for a couple of years for all the great information I get from the posts. I hope I don't get bashed for posting this but I also had a bad experience as well. I am usually pretty forgiving with resturants because I waitressed my way through college, but when I went to this resturant there were just too many things wrong. We had over an hour wait, which was okay. When we finally got seated my husband ordered a tea and I ordered a frozen margarita. They told me they could not make a frozen margarita, so I asked for one on the rocks. It took 20 minutes to get the the margarita. My husband and I then ordered. I ordered an grilled chicken dish with a salad and my husband ordered chicken pasta dish. After another long wait, they brought my husband his pasta and my salad. My husbands meal was just lukewarm but he still finished his meal and I finished my salad. I asked the waitress if she could check on my chicken since my husband had already completed his meal and she reluctantly did. After some time had past, she came back and said she was sorry she "forgot" to order my food. Sill being patient we asked how long it would take for her to put the order through. She was gone another 5 minutes to check and when she came back she said it would take at least 30 minutes before she could get it. Since we had already been there for 2 1/2 hours we asked for the check and told her not to place the order. It still took another 15 to 20 minutes for the bill, while waiting the manager came by the table to ask how our dinner was and we told him about my order being "forgotten" and he offered to rush it through, since we were up to 3 hours at this time we declined. We were nice and tried to understand the resturant being new, I guess what closed the deal for me was that neither the manager or the waitress seemed to concerned about what had happened. I at least expected a "I am so sorry this happened" but we did not get that. We still tipped the waitress but I know we will not go back. I am glad we are getting a lot more choices in Cypress to choose from.

It was busy. When we walked up to the hostess she told us it was going to be a 45 minute wait, so we knew what to expect and the wait was not a problem. The mistake probably wouldn't have bothered us either, what bothered us the most was the staff did not seem to care.

Out of curiosity - was the hour wait because it was so incredibly busy? Or were you just neglected?

I give this place 4 months, and that is being extremely generous. Either that or they will be under new management in less than 2 months. Since, from what I hear, it is privately owned, that will not happen. So I revert back to the liberal estimate of 4 months. Sad, because we could really use a "mom and pop" type of restaurant with family type cooking.

This place apparently is not that restaurant. If it lmanages to last longer than 4 months, perhaps my wife and I will give it a try then. It doesn't sound like it's the place to go until then.

I have had lunch and dinner at Cypress Station Grill on several occasions. I am shocked at some of the comments because Everytime I have been there it has been a pleasant experience. The staff was very pleasant and the food was very good.. In Cypress there is not another restaurant that serves this typre of food.. The atmosphere is outstanding.....The margaritias are fantatsic. I am sure the are going to expericence some opening pains, but a place I highley reccommend. Ohh ...and did I mention the frozen margaritas are fantatstic.........

I have had lunch and dinner at Cypress Station Grill on several occasions. I am shocked at some of the comments because Everytime I have been there it has been a pleasant experience. The staff was very pleasant and the food was very good.. In Cypress there is not another restaurant that serves this typre of food.. The atmosphere is outstanding.....The margaritias are fantatsic. I am sure the are going to expericence some opening pains, but a place I highley reccommend. Ohh ...and did I mention the frozen margaritas are fantatstic.........

Could you tell us a little more about the monkey?

Could you tell us a little more about the monkey?

No, because Everytime she's been, there were too many typres of frozen margaritas and she was simply too distracted by their frozen deliciousness. <_<

Ask the educated monkey instead:

educated_monkey.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Jedi Jake

I am going to take the bet they will not be opened for 4 months. As a partner we are doing very good. Yes we started with some poor employees and my partner gets frustrated at times. I apoligize for both. But we regularly have over an hour wait. Main reason is the food is down home and really good.

Please do not peg the place as bad after a few reviews, some could be from other people in the area with failing places. We have 2 frozen margarita machines. Service is MUCH better than it was weeks ago. We opened just over 60 days ago. Everything gets better everyday. Come on in and try the food. Maybe we can get the Monkey named OBI one out there. Ok that was monkey humor.

To those with the poor service, feel free to drop me a note and I will get you a gift certificate to try us again.

fredadams@adamsdist.com

My wife ate there with her girlfriend and loved it. She wants to take me. Surely someone here (a regular) has been there and had a good experience?

Ate there Friday and it was pretty good. Did not see the monkey and my son was not happy about that. I had told my wife about the post about the salads and everytime they asks if they could take our salad plates we got chuckle.

Jedi Jake

I am going to take the bet they will not be opened for 4 months. As a partner we are doing very good. Yes we started with some poor employees and my partner gets frustrated at times. I apoligize for both. But we regularly have over an hour wait. Main reason is the food is down home and really good.

Please do not peg the place as bad after a few reviews, some could be from other people in the area with failing places. We have 2 frozen margarita machines. Service is MUCH better than it was weeks ago. We opened just over 60 days ago. Everything gets better everyday. Come on in and try the food. Maybe we can get the Monkey named OBI one out there. Ok that was monkey humor.

To those with the poor service, feel free to drop me a note and I will get you a gift certificate to try us again.

fredadams@adamsdist.com

We finally tried it about two weeks ago. I thought the food was great. We are late eaters so when we showed up around 7:30 (I think it was a Sunday), we only waited 15 minutes.

The steaks might be a tiny bit over priced, but overall not too bad and our waiter was good. I think we will go back, but we don't have time to go out but once every week or two, so it might be a while.

• 3 weeks later...

The good: Paul is a great guy..very willing to talk/ discuss to the foodies, his daughter (don't remember her name) is an excellent server, food is ok to good, portions are big. Selection is the highpoint, something for about everyone. But, that could be what causes....

The bad: It is hit or miss with service/ food speed/ food arriving all at the same time/ order being accurate. No rhyme or reason why the kitchen is slow or not slow. No bread served before the meals. "Specialty" dishes can be off in delivery, i.e. the cajun dish. For me, a tad bit on the higher side of well priced for where/ what it is. We had a 3 adult, 1 kid lunch and walked out with a mid $40 bill, B4 tip. I think softdrinks are about 2 bux a pop...

The ugly: Wait times can be long, even if not arriving during the busy times...and...I saw no monkey. Damn.

IMHO, it will endure due to the diversity of dishes and need for a this type restaurant in the Cypress area. Kuddos to the partner who has taken time/ interest to address these issues on a public forum. I have seen these actions go horribly wrong on other occasians.

Archived