Danax?

Trae

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A couple of days ago I made his 9/11 conspiracy thread invisible so the mods could discuss whether it was appropriate for HAIF. It appears he didn't take it well and erased himself without any discussion. I'm very surprised by the reaction, but it was his decision. I really thought he would have wanted to talk about it first, though.

A couple of days ago I made his 9/11 conspiracy thread invisible so the mods could discuss whether it was appropriate for HAIF.

What was there to discuss? It seemed run of the mill "Way Off Topic" talk.

A couple of days ago I made his 9/11 conspiracy thread invisible so the mods could discuss whether it was appropriate for HAIF. It appears he didn't take it well and erased himself without any discussion. I'm very surprised by the reaction, but it was his decision. I really thought he would have wanted to talk about it first, though.

I call Illuminati on you!

that kinda' surprises me. I wouldn't have thought that his disposition would have them act that rashly. The conversation WAS getting rather heated, I have to admit.

I sort of felt "connected" to him as we both "ironically" lived on the same street almost exact spot in West LA some years ago. Very small world it is. Especially considering what a huge city it is. Then to live near each other in Houston, strange but funny. :lol: I think he will come back in another life form.

I didn't even click on the thread b/c it didn't interest me. But now that I go back and look at it again, it was kind of interesting. It at least brought forth some knowledge of 9/11 I didn't even know about. I always thought only the two towers collapesed. But WTC7 and others did as well?

I always thought only the two towers collapesed. But WTC7 and others did as well?

Several or quite a few others collapsed or needed to be torn down after that event. We had a salesguy from NYC that has his wedding reception/dance in the hotel that came down. I remember him being so depressed about it and he said he only as the video of the wedding and everyone clowning around and havin fun dancing that night in the penthouse above. Try to find links that show exact diagram of whole area of complete devastation. I am sure there are many.

I guess I'll have to research. But, WTC7 came down on 9/11 as a direct effect of the two towers, from what I've gathered. I could be wrong. But it supposidly burned for 7 hours until it collapsed. I'm surprised a bigger deal wasn't made of it.

I guess I'll have to research. But, WTC7 came down on 9/11 as a direct effect of the two towers, from what I've gathered. I could be wrong. But it supposidly burned for 7 hours until it collapsed. I'm surprised a bigger deal wasn't made of it.

A big deal WAS made of it. It had a Federal Reserve Bank in it. No one knows what happened to all of the money in it. I would tell you my hypothesis, but it would just be censored.

Actually, quite a big deal was made of it. It was quite thoroughly scrutinized because it was where New York City's emergency operations center was. They had the fuel tank for the emergency generators on one of the higher floors. It was determined later that the building might have survived if the tank was in the basement where it wouldn't have been hit by debris.

Back on topic --

In the interest of full disclosure, here's the message I posted in the moderator's lounge:

I'm really sorry to do this to a mod, but I've made the 9/11 conspiracy thread invisible.

There are hundreds, even thousands of places on the internet for people to trade and evolve conspiracy theories about September 11th, and HAIF isn't one of them. I know it was placed in Way Off Topic, but I just don't want it on HAIF. I feel really bad about this because I know this is a topic that Danax feels very passionate about, but I don't see the usefullness in having it here.

A lot of 9/11 griefers will use phrases like "there is no real discussion in the mainstream media" or "it's an established fact that..." to prop up their arguments to people who can't think for themselves, but the fact is that it HAS been discussed in the mainstream media. It's been discussed to death. Years ago. The mainsteam media moved on to other topics when all of the conspiracy theories were debunked. But like JFK and UFOs, some people just keep hanging on in spite of the facts because it supports their worldview.

I know that we've all strived to keep HAIF as open as possible to discussions of all kinds, but I really have to draw a line on this one. 9/11 hit me and my family very hard, and these people in the conspiracy industry only make things worse for the real victims of the tragedy by trying to profit off of our losses.

Again, there are tons of places on the internet for people to discuss this sort of thing. I'm OK if Danax wants to link to a couple of them in his signature, but I find an entire thread on HAIF very personally offensive.

More disclosure -- I was at the WTC in 1993 when Tower One was bombed.

I didn't expect Danax to quit over it. I would have been happy to let him have his links in his signature, or even run a blog on HAIF about it. But I didn't want a thread. Maybe I didn't do a very good job of explaining why. Maybe I still haven't. It's just a feeling I have, and it's a very deep feeling. I've rarely restricted any orderly discussions on HAIF, and I don't think I've ever restricted anything else based solely on its content. I guess everyone has a button that can be pushed. This just happens to be my button.

Really? wow.

I kind of feel like I didn't get to experience 9/11 like most of you did. Not that it's something I desire for anyone to relive. But I was at a very conservative Christian school at the time, and they had to put a projector in the student center for us to keep up w/ the tv media b/c we weren't allowed to have cable in our rooms. Keeping up with it online just wasn't the same.

In the interest of full disclosure, here's the message I posted in the moderator's lounge:

I didn't expect Danax to quit over it. I would have been happy to let him have his links in his signature, or even run a blog on HAIF about it. But I didn't want a thread. Maybe I didn't do a very good job of explaining why. Maybe I still haven't. It's just a feeling I have, and it's a very deep feeling. I've rarely restricted any orderly discussions on HAIF, and I don't think I've ever restricted anything else based solely on its content. I guess everyone has a button that can be pushed. This just happens to be my button.

I think you did a good job of explaining it, so don't berate yourself on what a user does on a spur of the moment fit of anger.

Quite frankly, its none of our business as to why this is a "button" for you. The statements you gave were appropriate and measured and good enough for me if I had read it on the thread.

PapillionWyngs, the first amendment doesn't really apply here. We're basically in someone's home trying to have a civil discussion. If we get too unruly, it is the home's owner (Ed) that decides that we had enough beer and to stop scaring or chasing away the other guests.

PapillionWyngs, the first amendment doesn't really apply here. We're basically in someone's home trying to have a civil discussion. If we get too unruly, it is the home's owner (Ed) that decides that we had enough beer and to stop scaring or chasing away the other guests.

I agree with you, there. Editor has sole discretion in these matters.

However, I'd suggest that Danax and Editor need to kiss and make up, then move on. Re-open the thread, let the discussion get hashed out. It'll run its course and then die, like all other hot button threads. If Editor doesn't like it, he can ignore it (like I did for the most part).

There is (or was) a topic titled...Where were you on 9/11? and no one seemed upset about that. All everyone did was describe where and what they were doing that moment in time. Oddly enough I was in downtown skyscraper and the company would not let us out of the building. Thats right, would not until they were good and ready and then it was left "optional". I had already grabbed my stuff regardless and was headed out no matter what in the hell they did to me. Media really downplayed the frantic scene outside as everyone and their dog tried to get the heck away from any tall building. Sorry back to topic of Danax. He will come back they always do.

Actually, quite a big deal was made of it. It was quite thoroughly scrutinized because it was where New York City's emergency operations center was. They had the fuel tank for the emergency generators on one of the higher floors. It was determined later that the building might have survived if the tank was in the basement where it wouldn't have been hit by debris.

Back on topic --

This reminds me. I made a 9/11 conspiracy thread last year and had it deleted. I understand why, and this was your response:

FYI: I have removed your 9/11 poll from HAIF. I know you were just trying to spur discussion, but there's enough 9/11 conspiracy out there on the web, I don't want it on my web site. As someone who is from New York and was at the 1993 World Trade Center bombing and had relatives at Ground Zero, I can't express how I feel about these people and their "theories."

Well, at least I'm consistent.

If Danax wants to re-join HAIF and have a 9/11 blog, that's fine. I have no hard feelings at all toward him. Mostly I'm just bewildered. But if he comes back, I'm not sure he should be a moderator again.

Archived