Home At 2808 Hadley St.

dar

Hello, I have found this website repeatedly in my internet search for parental information. I was born in the haunted hospital Jefferson Davis but I think from what I've gathered on here the one that was torn down and possibly also haunted and from what I've read plaged by staph infection during the 1950's.

I am the "love child" of a black woman and white male in the 1950's almost 60's =). I didn't grow up with either parent as she was married and was whisked away to other relatives where I ended up in SF. All that I know from my birth certificate besides the haunted hospital is that their address was 2808 Hadley street. I've heard several versions of my "biological parentage" that he owned a grocery store and that he was Italian. Another version is that he is Italian and owned a clothing store.

If anyone can help me with ANYthing I would appreciate it.

Thanks

btw: my biological mother is deceased and so is my "mom." So I'm hoping that you history buffs might have any information on stores, people anything.

Thanks

All that I know from my birth certificate besides the haunted hospital is that their address was 2808 Hadley street. I've heard several versions of my "biological parentage" that he owned a grocery store and that he was Italian. Another version is that he is Italian and owned a clothing store. If anyone can help me with ANYthing I would appreciate it. Thanks

I don't know if this is any help, but in those days there was a well known grocery store named Sacco Brothers Groceries at 2816 Blodgett. Like I say I don't know if this will help because Blodgett and Hadley are at least a couple of miles apart, but they're in the same general area.

I'm not 100 percent sure of this, but I think the same Sacco family now owns that religious supplies store on San Jacinto just south of downtown.

At least up to 1951 there didn't appear to be anything at 2808 Hadley. There was a house at 2807 across the street. Someone could check the city directories for 1959-60 to see if 2808 Hadley existed then. If it did the directory would show the occupant and their occupation.

This is the Sanborn Fire Insurance Map for that block in 1951. 2808 Hadley would have been right on the corner of Hadley and Sauer streets:

2807_Hadley.jpg

Edited by isuredid

Hello, I have found this website repeatedly in my internet search for parental information. I was born in the haunted hospital Jefferson Davis but I think from what I've gathered on here the one that was torn down and possibly also haunted and from what I've read plaged by staph infection during the 1950's.

I am the "love child" of a black woman and white male in the 1950's almost 60's =). I didn't grow up with either parent as she was married and was whisked away to other relatives where I ended up in SF. All that I know from my birth certificate besides the haunted hospital is that their address was 2808 Hadley street. I've heard several versions of my "biological parentage" that he owned a grocery store and that he was Italian. Another version is that he is Italian and owned a clothing store.

If anyone can help me with ANYthing I would appreciate it.

Thanks

btw: my biological mother is deceased and so is my "mom." So I'm hoping that you history buffs might have any information on stores, people anything.

Thanks

If you had been born in 1993, I might be who you're looking for. That's the only time that I was ever with a "soul sister." All I remember is that her first name was Lois. And I have an Italian surname. Really, I wouldn't mind meeting a long, lost daughter.

I'll dig through some older city directories this evening...

Also, it appears that the 2800 block of Hadley is now owned by the Foundation for Tomorrow (Yellowstone Academy?), was previously owned by HISD, then Grocer's Supply in the eighties.

• The title was changed to 2808 Hadley St.
  • The title was changed to Home At 2808 Hadley St.