Two Houston Center At 909 Fannin St.

Montrose1100

And they are both by you :D . But I still say there should be some setup where a group of editors can take care of the database of buildings. Something like SSP. It usually works well (though some areas aren't represented well, but that wouldn't be a problem here).

It's coming. Or at least that's what I keep being promised. The company that makes this forum software is working on a feature that will enable that.

• 1 year later...
Damage was confined mostly to the northeast corner of the 16th floor, but some smoke and water damage was reported on the 15th floor.

The building management assured HFD that it would be open for business Wednesday, except for the areas directly affected by the blaze.

The HFD sent about 200 firefighters to the scene, citing a desire to be safe rather than sorry in a high rise situation.

http://www.khou.com/topstories/stories/kho...e.ce160482.html

It's out. Contained to one floor. Sprinkler system credited.

Hearing 3 or 4 alarms go out always attracts the media's attention, who jump in the news trucks thinking "oh boy we're gonna get pictures of a giant fire." Maybe, but not always.

No matter how big or small the fire, it's SOP to sound extra alarms at fires in high-rises, apartment complexes and hotels.

The fire itself may turn out to be fairly small and easy to put out, but they need extra people to go floor to floor knocking on doors to get people out.

That's why they had a couple of hundred firefighters at the fire in Houston Center overnight. They had to check every office on every floor for people working late or overnight.

Sounds like the fire was right at or near the Robert Half International group/Office Team. I was there on several occasions over the last 2 years. Fantastic views of our city for sure. Hope no one was hurt.

No Robert Half/Office Team is in 3 Houston Center and on a much higher floor. I know my ex-wife worked in the office there for about 3 years until recently.

• The title was changed to Two Houston Center At 909 Fannin St.