FREE plants

RedScare

I'll take free yard work anytime! :P

Actually, I was shamed into offering them up to others last night. I was just going to rip them out, but was reminded that just because they no longer fit into my grand scheme, does not mean others won't want them. Recycling on a plant level.

Now, if anyone has any Sago palms or Mexican Blue fans that they are just dying to get rid of, let me know.

P4170001.jpg

Two questions...what kind of bushes are those, and what's that tin building in the background? A townhouse, or a garage? If its a garage, would you happen to know who built it? I'm considering a metal building/garage for my backyard, but can't find anybody that does them in the city....

I am not sure what type bushes they are, but they appear to be similar to boxwoods that have grown too tall. I believe that if they are cut back, they will fill in.

The metal building is my neighbor's house. He is an artist. Originally, the building housed a glass company. My neighbor bought it and built a loft and studio inside. It is very cool inside. It will be featured on HGTV later this year. The show, appropriately enough, is called, 'What's With That House?'

I am not sure what type bushes they are, but they appear to be similar to boxwoods that have grown too tall. I believe that if they are cut back, they will fill in.

I see. Well...from the picture, they looked like privet hedge, and your discription sounds like privet as well....usually considered a trash tree/shrub.

Guest Marty

It looks like Privet they can be fix by trimming them with the base wider than the top so the sun hit's the bottom better. They can take a transplant pretty good just use a sharp shovel and get at least a 12 inch diameter root ball.

Guest Marty
can you plant those philodendrons in a pot and keep them indoors?

Yes you can but the leaves will only be 50% of the normal size of what you see in the photo.

Archived