Local News Is A Flaw

Montrose1100

Local News:

Its been the worst way to exploit the word "news". The stories are not really "Human" Intrest, and they never show the important stuff. 13 and 11 try there best to keep it professional, and due a good job of it, but Fox has to be the worst news channel ever.

Channel 11 is great, very professional, and modern. I like CH13, as it is od fashioned. Channel 2, and 26 just plain suck. CH 39 isnt even a candidate.

Ch 2? "Local news first??" Puh-leeze. Their first stories are generally anyplace BUT Houston. I'm surprised no one has considered suing them for false advertisment. They're ALMOST as bad as Ch. 26.

Ch. 13 and 11 are tied for the quality of their newscasts as being the better of the two channels.

In regards to WB's, I REALLY need to watch it, I keep forgetting about that newscast, and I always thought Hemburger was a good reporter, and I'm curious how he would be as an Anchor.

Ricco

Let's not forget those WONDERFUL commercials refering to Colonial Apartments. The fun, swinging single place. :)

Ch. 2 ALWAYS starts with news outside of Houston (or connect it in a 6 degree manner) unless it involves massive amounts of waste of life, or a major explosion. Then at that point, they have a tendency to just join the rest of the bunch and beat it to death.

Ricco

LOL! That's the cheesiest of 'em all.

Trust me, Houston TV news can be pretty bad, but none of it is quite as inflammatory and overblown as WSVN 7 (Miami's) news coverage. That place makes every bit of a story the "worst thing ever" to have happened. Drama queens in all of its kaleidoscopic wonder, and they use the same guy with the same contrived, overly dramatic voice as the Fox 26 people to announce their upcoming stories.

"Next on Fox 26, find out why this East End man's aching left ass cheek may be a signal that the end of the world is near. But first, a homicidal maniac vows to chop Houston area kids into a thousand pieces if his neighbor doesn't stop washing his car on Sundays. Plus, a clown is spotted driving a Dr. Pepper tractor trailer down a downtown sidewalk. Police think it may be part of a sinister plan to sell YOUR children oatmeal cookies with FAKE raisins that might turn their urine green! Stay tuned to Fox 26!!!"

I'm beginning to think that all of these outlets are about the same, when you get down to it.

Sad...

How about that cheesy furniture store with the cheesy yellow fake superhero flying by? He's missing some parts of his arm!

Last night's news broadcasts were very disappointing.

I got home just in time to see the 10pm news and EVERYONE was talking about the storm as their headline, but had people AND were talking about it at length. While I'm glad to hear news about the hurricane, do they have to interefere with the local news that were just as important to people HERE??

The only bright spot is when KHOU did (what *I* thought) was minimal coverage and did alot more local news. Or at least, they ended sooner than the other stations and finished watching the news on KHOU.

Ricco

Archived