houstonfella

BG Group Place (formerly MainPlace) in downtown Houston

1194 posts in this topic

What boxes?

I believe he's talking about the architecture of most Houston skyscrapers. They are box-like compared to say towers with round tops and/or spires.

I like this building. We just need something that stands out... we have nothing that stands out.

I like this building. We just need something that stands out... we have nothing that stands out.

Totally. In Downtown alone, Pennzoil, BofA, Heritage Plaza, the Chevron buildings and Wells Fargo don't stand out in the least.

Booooring.

AttacaFlinch is right, but still, if we get something that stands out, I don't want it to be emo rock star, I want it to be like princess Diana and I think this is it.

Totally. In Downtown alone, Pennzoil, BofA, Heritage Plaza, the Chevron buildings and Wells Fargo don't stand out in the least.

Booooring.

All antiquated.

AttacaFlinch is right, but still, if we get something that stands out, I don't want it to be emo rock star, I want it to be like princess Diana and I think this is it.

Emo Building?*

396px-OneShellPlaza.jpg

* I only have Paint at work, not Photoshop, so don't be too critical of my artistic genius.

3 people like this

The jeans need to be skinnier. And it would have not know how to use a simple tool like a screwdriver. Or a hammer.

1 person likes this

Emo Building?*

I think you just created my favorite graphic EVER on this forum. Made for a good laugh at the end of the day. :D

All antiquated.

So "antiquated" buildings don't "stand out"? The Empire State Building and the Chrysler Building don't stand out?

So "antiquated" buildings don't "stand out"? The Empire State Building and the Chrysler Building don't stand out?

Some do. Some dont. Ours dont.

1 person likes this

Some do. Some dont. Ours dont.

So whether something "stands out" doesn't actually have anything to do with age. It has to do with whether you, personally, like them or not. Why didn't you just say that?

1 person likes this

Emo Building?*

396px-OneShellPlaza.jpg

* I only have Paint at work, not Photoshop, so don't be too critical of my artistic genius.

Plus 2 for Emo building. I used to work nights in a tiny, dim office near his eye. It made me cry, too.

<fade out> Imperial Death March... </fade out>

It's like waking up after a particularly heinous bender only to discover huge gaps missing from memory. I could swear there were more things that happened, but for the life of me, I don't know what they were.

The sty has been cleansed. You shouldn't miss the mess too much..

^^Thanks.

As for the building... on a scale of relative happiness with 0 being the saddest (Chase tower or the new highrise res on memorial pkwy) and 10 being the happiest (Williams tower) I would rank it around a 7. It's relatively bright.

^^Thanks.

As for the building... on a scale of relative happiness with 0 being the saddest (Chase tower or the new highrise res on memorial pkwy) and 10 being the happiest (Williams tower) I would rank it around a 7. It's relatively bright.

is this an anthropormorphic (sp?) statement or are you talking about your happiness? haha

I would rate 'WAC internet opinions as a -11 or 'irrelevant'. Oink, Oink.

Edited by Coaster

I would rate 'WAC internet opinions as a -11 or 'Coaster'. Oink, Oink.

LOL I fixed it for you. ;) Anyway, do you think they'll let people up to that little patio thing? To look around?

LOL I fixed it for you. ;)

Now that's a new one. A 'WAC post that tries to be deliberately funny, instead of the usual 'pathetic' sad-funny you are most often associated with, yet couldn't possibly be aware of.

The only thing you have 'fixed' is your place as HAIF's #1 clueless, waste of band-width and meritless opinion giver.

SMACK!