Mckinney Villas Shooting

Woke up this morning at 1:28am with HPD banging on my door. Someone put two bullets in my house, one in my neighbors.

The first bullet hit my shower, broke out some tile. The second came in through the window (right at the frame) and up over our sleeping heads and over our door.

Our development is right at Palmer and Mckinney, just curious to see if any of you live near there and if you heard anything last night?

Woke up this morning at 1:28am with HPD banging on my door. Someone put two bullets in my house, one in my neighbors.

The first bullet hit my shower, broke out some tile. The second came in through the window (right at the frame) and up over our sleeping heads and over our door.

Our development is right at Palmer and Mckinney, just curious to see if any of you live near there and if you heard anything last night?

Do you know whether they were shooting at your house as a target or if they just stray bullets?

What kind of bullets were they? Small-caliber or large? Pistol or rifle?

Do you know whether they were shooting at your house as a target or if they just stray bullets?

What kind of bullets were they? Small-caliber or large? Pistol or rifle?

any bullet is bad.

Sebastian since the police had to wake you up, you didn't hear the bullets go thru your window? I know i'd definitely wake up!

does the window face the exterior of the complex or the interior?

Niche - found one slug, it's definitely a handgun round, but its pretty torn up.

Music - didnt hear a thing! Strangely, i just spoke with my neighbor and she heard the shots, did NOT hear the police... Our window faces Mckinney.

My wife has vowed to sleep in the guest bedroom (faces the complex) for the rest of her time in our house.

I live just down the street from you on Palmer closer to Polk...I didn't hear anything, though I am several streets away. That really sucks. I have found that I am not the "pioneer" I once thought I was. I don't want to wait until the neighborhood comes around. I'm trying to sell my place, but its a hard sell with all the new construction coming up. I'm sorry this happened to you and more importantly, I hope it was just random and not targeted. Some people just never learned to live in society.

Nope, hardiplank in the back. We have a brick fence protecting our backyard, but the second story is exposed. just spoke with another neighbor, she heard a car pull up, gunshots, and the car leave. Hoping it was just a random act of violence that isnt likely to occur again....

Niche - found one slug, it's definitely a handgun round, but its pretty torn up.

Music - didnt hear a thing! Strangely, i just spoke with my neighbor and she heard the shots, did NOT hear the police... Our window faces Mckinney.

My wife has vowed to sleep in the guest bedroom (faces the complex) for the rest of her time in our house.

Well since it was on the McKinney side, i would venture to say it was a drive by of some sorts which i'd say is more random. You must be a sound sleeper!! I know an elderly lady in 3rd ward who told me it happens so much that she just gets on the ground from her bed. doesn't even phase her!

I'm usually a light sleeper, but last night i went to happy hour, so i was sleeping more soundly then normal. :wacko:

Anyhoo, the builder called today when he heard my house was one of the ones hit and offered to replace my window with one they have on site. Since they have guys working still in my development, he also offered up the labor as well. If the window doesnt work out, he offered to get me one at builder's price. Not a bad deal at all.

I'm usually a light sleeper, but last night i went to happy hour, so i was sleeping more soundly then normal. :wacko:

Anyhoo, the builder called today when he heard my house was one of the ones hit and offered to replace my window with one they have on site. Since they have guys working still in my development, he also offered up the labor as well. If the window doesnt work out, he offered to get me one at builder's price. Not a bad deal at all.

Kudo's to the builder for offering this gesture of goodwill towards you and your neighbor. Any chance you would share the name of the builder?

Scharpe St Guy

Sorry to hear of this, your in good "experienced" company though. Sadly, we also had a rash of gunfire in our area but seems to have quieted down lately. Just see Villa de Matel "Convent" Topic. We have done everything from notifying the authorities, contact The Convent in person, News stations, written letters to no avail. One of the apartment complexies in an earlier photo (topic) is the main source.