God, gays, genetics, and airlines

houstonmacbro

Fine. If you follow this board close enough, you would know the big guns dont come out unless theres a catalist for it. Again, education is a wonderful thing.

If you dont want your dog to get kicked, keep it on a shorter leash. Dont fall prey to one ridiculous comment without knowing the facts, meaning consider the source..........

I read the fact's Houston1Word since March 2005 that's how long i was a lurker. ;) but i'm not about to get into a keyboard Karate fight with you. :)

Edited by Marty

I read the fact's Houston1Word since March 2005 that's how long i was a lurker. ;) but i'm not about to get into a keyboard Karate fight with you. :)

Listen mister, you had better not get into a keyboard karate fight with me!! You would win and i would not like that :(

I dont like to hear that you are having some problems. You have always been pretty relaxed and laid back guy. Very brave of you and honorable to admit a flaw. I have MUCH RESPECT for that.

I was already thinking of a nice girl for you, this revelation just expedites everything ;) I hope you smile when reading this, its not meant to be harmful or rude in anyway :)

Listen mister, you had better not get into a keyboard karate fight with me!! You would win and i would not like that :(

I dont like to hear that you are having some problems. You have always been pretty relaxed and laid back guy. Very brave of you and honorable to admit a flaw. I have MUCH RESPECT for that.

I was already thinking of a nice girl for you, this revelation just expedites everything ;) I hope you smile when reading this, its not meant to be harmful or rude in anyway :)

:):):):):):):):):wub::lol:

Anything by Sir Mix-A- Lot will do.

LOL :lol::lol:

You are not right.

With your statement, im now expecting to see you on one of those MTV videos, and if thats the case brother, watch out :) Those babies got back!!!! Not that im complaining ;)

Edited by Houston1stWordOnTheMoon

Educate us that are don't seem to know: What rights do you not have? I know you can't get married, but what other ones are still out there? Military? Adoption?

For what its worth, I agree with you about church taxation. There's no reason a church of any religion should be tax-exempt. Just go look at Lakewood's payroll for proof.

The Church may not be taxed, but the people that work in these churches are. Now, getting an American Express in the church's name, well, that's a different matter. It is my beleif that a church should be a NON-PROFIT organization. Any church should be able to make just enough money to cover their payroll and monthly bills, anything else gets immediately put into a mutual fund of some sort to help pay for homeless programs and children programs.

One question.

In your opinion, why is America's Christians more religious then their European counterparts? It would seem that they would be more secular afer having established 'freedom of religion'.

Also, why do Roman Catholics (incl. Latinos) tend to be the most religious of all Christians?

Lastly, out of curiosity, are any of you from the 'Born Again' Christians i hear about so much?

Thank You.

I dated a "born again christian" in college. She was hot!

Educate us that are don't seem to know: What rights do you not have? I know you can't get married, but what other ones are still out there? Military? Adoption?

In some states I'm not allowed to adopt. In no state would my VA or SS benifits got to my spouse even if we had a civil union.

The last time I checked, there was nothing radical in wanting the same rights any other tax-paying and law-abiding citizen has.

Edited by nmainguy

The last time I checked, there was nothing radical in wanting the same rights any other tax-paying and law-abiding citizen has.

I don't disagree at all. I'll be honest, and you (NMainguy) know this from personal conversations we've had in the past, but I'm not a big fan of "being gay". I'm a red-blooded, passionately heterosexual male that loves only women. Just the thought of two guys kissing grosses me out.

BUT..

I don't think that means gay people should not be given the same rights. I personally think that marriage should be left for churches, and civil unions for governments. In other words, no matter who you are, and who you're attracted to, when it comes time to file taxes, pass on social security benefits, pension plans, etc etc - you should be able to do so, via a government sponsored civil union. If you want to show God how much you want his approval by marriage, then take it to a church to get your approval.

I personally feel we need to remove God from the government completely. I think that would solve so many "moral" and "ethical" issues in one shot. Religion affects our political lives far too much. It should almost be a non-issue when dealing with matters of the government like: war, civil-rights, election platforms, politics, and most importantly - politicians. Instead, religious views take hold, influence, and even most times poison the entire process.

The only "gay" issue I'm still at odds with though, is a "non-traditional" (traditional being 1 mother, 1 father) family adopting. But I feel like my hands are tied on the subject as I know any gay couple would give their child a better home than even the best foster home could.

I personally feel we need to remove God from the government completely. I think that would solve so many "moral" and "ethical" issues in one shot. Religion affects our political lives far too much. It should almost be a non-issue when dealing with matters of the government like: war, civil-rights, election platforms, politics, and most importantly - politicians. Instead, religious views take hold, influence, and even most times poison the entire process.

Careful what you wish for :(:(

That is a powerful wish. An America without G-D is a doomed nation, period! The very day this country, as a whole, throws out the G-D of Abraham-Isaac-and Jacob, we are done! That is a fact which is non negotiable!!!!!

I love this nation. My family loves this nation. I, and the majority of the male members of my family have volunteered to protect this nation in the past as well as the present. We as a nation are not perfect, but theres always room for positive change. The positive change which has occurred here in the past and present is due large in part to people that believe in the G-D of Abraham-Isaac and Jacob. Take away the influence of the G-D of Abraham Isaac and Jacob and you will invite chaos! In my experience, I have found that people that wish to remove G-D from everyday life in America rely on self propagated methods of reasoning to create a society of bliss. Without G-D this isnt possible. Each person of greater means of his/her counterpart will strive to be better without regard to anyone that might be crushed along the way. Self rule and self determination will be king and theres no law that would prevent it. Self Righteousness would rule the day. That is not an America i want to see happen!

As much as i love this nation and its ideals, it will NEVER TRUMP MY LOVE FOR THE G-D OF ABRAHAM-ISAAC-AND JACOB! Print it ;)

The only "gay" issue I'm still at odds with though, is a "non-traditional" (traditional being 1 mother, 1 father) family adopting. But I feel like my hands are tied on the subject as I know any gay couple would give their child a better home than even the best foster home could.

i don't think a gay couple would give a child a better home than a foster family. i think at most you can say they would give equal care.

i went to jury duty once and the attorney was asking the final 15 if they thought a police officer was more likely to tell the truth than the average citizen. i was number 12. i couldn't believe that everyone was answering yes.

when they asked me i responded that the police officer was just as likely to tell the truth as the average citizen. several jurors that had already answered raised their hands and asked to changed their answers. at that point i was struck from the jury and labelled too influential.

Edited by musicman

Careful what you wish for :(:(

That is a powerful wish. An America without G-D is a doomed nation, period! The very day this country, as a whole, throws out the G-D of Abraham-Isaac-and Jacob, we are done! That is a fact which is non negotiable!!!!!

I love this nation. My family loves this nation. I, and the majority of the male members of my family have volunteered to protect this nation in the past as well as the present. We as a nation are not perfect, but theres always room for positive change. The positive change which has occurred here in the past and present is due large in part to people that believe in the G-D of Abraham-Isaac and Jacob. Take away the influence of the G-D of Abraham Isaac and Jacob and you will invite chaos! In my experience, I have found that people that wish to remove G-D from everyday life in America rely on self propagated methods of reasoning to create a society of bliss. Without G-D this isnt possible. Each person of greater means of his/her counterpart will strive to be better without regard to anyone that might be crushed along the way. Self rule and self determination will be king and theres no law that would prevent it. Self Righteousness would rule the day. That is not an America i want to see happen!

As much as i love this nation and its ideals, it will NEVER TRUMP MY LOVE FOR THE G-D OF ABRAHAM-ISAAC-AND JACOB! Print it ;)

he said take god away from government only, not from the everyday lives of americans, and certainly not away from america. Take god away from our government and then EVERYONE can really have the freedom of religion.

That can also solve the problem of folks fighting over which god or which version, interpretation or denomination of god should be in the government.

Edited by webdude

he said take god away from government only, not from the everyday lives of americans, and certainly not away from america. Take god away from our government and then EVERYONE can really have the freedom of religion.

That can also solve the problem of folks fighting over which god or which version, interpretation or denomination of god should be in the government.

Still dont get it?

That you would want a modern version of the middle ages.

I don't get why anyone would want something like that.

The government of the USA along with its laws and traditions are based on the ethics of Judeo-Christianity. To remove G-D from the government is to remove the government entirely. Revisionist and otherwise simple bastards will attempt to tell you different, but what i have told you is true. Print it!

An American government without G-D is doomed.

Education is a wonderful thing ;)

That you would want a modern version of the middle ages.

I don't get why anyone would want something like that.

Well, if the Catholic Church could pull off something like this production, then maybe it wouldn't be so bad ? :rolleyes:

Click the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAVJ9ZyghlA

Edited by TJones

The government of the USA along with its laws and traditions are based on the ethics of Judeo-Christianity. To remove G-D from the government is to remove the government entirely. Revisionist and otherwise simple bastards will attempt to tell you different, but what i have told you is true. Print it!

An American government without G-D is doomed.

Education is a wonderful thing ;)

I can't tell whether you are being sarcastic or not. It seems so out there.

I see that you didn't say 'based on Judeo-Christianity', but rather 'on the ethics of', which is good and very careful, cause you are aware of the founding fathers deliberate attempts to keep religion separate.

And when you use 'on the ethics', you are aware that many different religions share the same kinds of ethics, they are not exclusive to christianity.

And lastly, labeling these people who tell you different as revisionists is like pot calling the kettle black cause we don't know for sure which side is the one trying to revise history. What you call truth, others call lies, what you call lies, others call truth.

I see that you didn't say 'based on Judeo-Christianity', but rather 'on the ethics of', which is good and very careful, cause you are aware of the founding fathers deliberate attempts to keep religion separate.

And when you use 'on the ethics', you are aware that many different religions share the same kinds of ethics, they are not exclusive to christianity.

And lastly, labeling these people who tell you different as revisionists is like pot calling the kettle black cause we don't know for sure which side is the one trying to revise history. What you call truth, others call lies, what you call lies, others call truth.

This mess you are preaching must be a constant source of personal amusement because it is cracking me the hell up :lol::lol::lol:

Theres no substitute for education. Education is a wonderful thing!!!

It's difficult to have a discussion when logic is absent-which it always is when it comes to religion-unless someone can give me some hard-core facts to prove some of the mysticism used to reinforce their beliefs in the Bible; when a person spells God as G-D; when a person doesn't recognize the separations regarding government and religion in the Constitution:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;
or spreads the myth that English is our official language.

Ignorance can be a dangerous and damaging thing.

or spreads the myth that English is our official language.

It is "unofficially" the "official" language of the USA. Some things are common knowledge and are just unwritten laws. Just like Judy Garland's "Over the Rainbow" is the gay man's "unofficial" , "official" anthem. ;):P

Edited by TJones

It's difficult to have a discussion when logic is absent-which it always is when it comes to religion-unless someone can give me some hard-core facts to prove some of the mysticism used to reinforce their beliefs in the Bible; when a person spells God as G-D; when a person doesn't recognize the separations regarding government and religion in the Constitution: or spreads the myth that English is our official language.

Ignorance can be a dangerous and damaging thing.

And the grave gets deeper...............

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

It is "unofficially" the "official" language of the USA. Some things are common knowledge and are just unwritten laws. Just like Judy Garland's "Over the Rainbow" is the gay man's "unofficial" , "official" anthem. ;):P

I'll admit it's the language of the majority but in no way has it ever been inacted as the official language of the US. There only seems to be one clueless troll on HAIF that thinks it is.

BTW, "It's Raining Men" holds far more sway over "...Rainbow" :lol:

Christian Fanaticism..

You seem too influenced by your choice of religion to acknowledge that most of the government's problems come from too much involvement from Christianity. You can't even provide a valid counterpoint to debate without making reference to how the world will end without a Christian-based government.

Apparently you & you're fanatical Muslim counterparts have something in common when it comes to how to run the government.

I don't disagree at all. I'll be honest, and you (NMainguy) know this from personal conversations we've had in the past, but I'm not a big fan of "being gay". I'm a red-blooded, passionately heterosexual male that loves only women. Just the thought of two guys kissing grosses me out.

BUT..

I don't think that means gay people should not be given the same rights. I personally think that marriage should be left for churches, and civil unions for governments. In other words, no matter who you are, and who you're attracted to, when it comes time to file taxes, pass on social security benefits, pension plans, etc etc - you should be able to do so, via a government sponsored civil union. If you want to show God how much you want his approval by marriage, then take it to a church to get your approval.

I apologize I didn't catch your response until this evening. I appriciate your support for equal rights for everyone-and I agree you have made that clear in the past regarding your stance on marriage vs. civil unions: a stance I hold as identical as yours. I may not agree with your stance on adoption but I think we can agree to respectfuly disagree. I've known of some straight foster parents who should never have been given the responsiblity to care for kids just as I have known of some gay couples who should never have been allowed to adopt kids. I think it should be on a case by case decision because there are just too many kids out there that shouldn't be denied a home and loving family based on the adoptive parent's sexual orientation.

I'll admit it's the language of the majority but in no way has it ever been inacted as the official language of the US. There only seems to be one clueless troll on HAIF that thinks it is.

BTW, "It's Raining Men" holds far more sway over "...Rainbow" :lol:

We will have to get a consensus on that whole "rainbow" vs. "raining men" debate.

You seem too influenced by your choice of religion to acknowledge that most of the government's problems come from too much involvement from Christianity. You can't even provide a valid counterpoint to debate without making reference to how the world will end without a Christian-based government.

Apparently you & you're fanatical Muslim counterparts have something in common when it comes to how to run the government.

Refrain from the use of bogus quotes. I didnt say what was quoted in your response. Im suprised at you. Thats the sort of stuff in which the resident rabid homosexual will engage in.

I never said the world would end without Christianity. Again, thats something that would be the norm from the resident rabid homosexual.