Fresh Stone Crab?

Does anyone know where (if) I can buy stone crab right now in TX? I looked to see how much it would cost having it shipped fresh from FL.... :blink: shyeah right! I know TX has stone crab as well, but didn't know if the season was the same as FL (which is Oct through May).

If anyone knows of a fresh seafood market that has them I'd be very appreciative. It's for Valentine's Day!

try hong kong market. i'd call them but they sure do have lots of live seafood.

Hong Kong Supermarket

5708 South Gessner Dr.

Houston, Texas 77036

(713) 995-1393

HONG KONG 2

10923 Scarsdale

Houston, Texas 77089

281-484-6100

Hong Kong Food Market 3

13400 Veterans Memorial Dr.

Houston, Texas 7701

(281) 537-5280

Go to the other side of the Kemah Boardwalk channel...on the bay side of the bridge. There are a bunch of small mom-and-pop seafood houses where you can get things fresh. Capt. Henry's (281-334-4034 ) or Rose's Seafood on the Seabrook side. Lawerence Rd is full of them.

Seabrook Seafood Inc.

1419 Lawrence Rd

Kemah, TX 77565

(281) 334-2546

ABC Seafood

302 Waterfront Dr

Seabrook, TX 77586

(281) 474-7576

Captain Henrys Seafood

1419 Lawrence Rd

Kemah, TX 77565

(281) 334-4034

Emery's

109 Waterfront Dr

Seabrook, TX 77586

(281) 474-5728

Classic Seafood Inc.

201 12th St

Seabrook, TX 77586

(281) 474-5577

Foreman's Pier 7 Seafood Mkt.

602 Bay Vista Dr

Seabrook, TX 77586

(281) 474-2668

Ah yes, I think I will end up having to go down to Kemah. I didn't want to originally, but I am unsure if even Central Market has 'em fresh or frozen. I was on Capt Henry's website this morning, they're sort of an old standby aren't they? When Kemah was still Kemah. :lol: Thanks for posting everyone, I appreciate it. I am doing a Key West Dinner for my hubby for Valentine's Day (we got married in KW), complete with palm fronds, candles, tropical music, and of course, the food. Stone crab, grouper, key lime pie. :) I can't wait!!

Ah yes, I think I will end up having to go down to Kemah. I didn't want to originally, but I am unsure if even Central Market has 'em fresh or frozen. I was on Capt Henry's website this morning, they're sort of an old standby aren't they? When Kemah was still Kemah. :lol: Thanks for posting everyone, I appreciate it. I am doing a Key West Dinner for my hubby for Valentine's Day (we got married in KW), complete with palm fronds, candles, tropical music, and of course, the food. Stone crab, grouper, key lime pie. :) I can't wait!!

Talked to Capt Henry's this afternoon, they are out but exspecting a fresh shipment any day.

• 2 weeks later...
Good crabs are hard to come by in this part of the world. Having a significant other from Maryland reminds me of this all the time. But the suggestions given are the best. I truly love crab meat. But.... Texas is big and has the biggest of almost everything except crabs. :(

houstonfella, I hate to tell you this, but Texas is just about #1 for blue crabs. The crabs your S.O. has been eating in Maryland for the past few years are from Texas waters. That's because of overfishing in Maryland. Also, Texas does have a decent stone crab population at certain times of the year, my fear is this is just not that time.

Katie, I had no idea Truluck's got their stone crab from Joe's in Miami! No wonder it's so expensive :lol:

Archived