KTRK ABC 13 Gets New Theme Music

Chris

I dont know if anyone has noticed or not, but ABC 13 has gotten new music. When their newscast comes on evryday its a new Music Theme intro. They even have new little music inserts when they go to another part of the newscast. ABC 13 has been getting lots of new upgrades lately. It started with the new Graphics package, HD Outdoor Cams, now new music. Now they just need to get a new set.

I dont know if anyone has noticed or not, but ABC 13 has gotten new music. When their newscast comes on evryday its a new Music Theme intro. They even have new little music inserts when they go to another part of the newscast. ABC 13 has been getting lots of new upgrades lately. It started with the new Graphics package, HD Outdoor Cams, now new music. Now they just need to get a new set.

They're also going back and completely redoing the graphics package from scratch. It'll soon be in HD.

What channel 13 needs is a new anchor team. Channel 13 looks like they have a bunch of Ghouls sittin' up there. How old is Marvin now, 108, 109 ? C'mon, new blood, new blood !

No way. They gotta keep Marvin around. What would Houston be without "MAAAARRRRVIN ZINDLER EEEEEEYEEEEEWITNESS NEWS!," followed up by the campy 'Slime in the Ice Machine' jingle?

No way. They gotta keep Marvin around. What would Houston be without "MAAAARRRRVIN ZINDLER EEEEEEYEEEEEWITNESS NEWS!," followed up by the campy 'Slime in the Ice Machine' jingle?

Well, I can't dog the "slime" jingle. My very good friends wrote and performed that song.

I agree. Marvin mentioned recently that Dave ward's reponse "thank you marvin" is also popular with his fans.

What channel 13 needs is a new anchor team. Channel 13 looks like they have a bunch of Ghouls sittin' up there. How old is Marvin now, 108, 109 ? C'mon, new blood, new blood !

I think ABC 13 has a great Anchor Team. My favorites are Gina Gaston, Illona Carson, Tom Koch, Melanie Lawson, Dave Ward and Art Rascon.

I agree. Marvin mentioned recently that Dave ward's reponse "thank you marvin" is also popular with his fans.

Oh heck yeah!! It is so funny. The inflections, ever so slight, are so telling! If we ever catch a MZ segment, hubby and I agree that the best part is Dave Ward's "Thank you Marvin" reactions! :lol:

omg i thought that i was the only one that ever notices that :lol:

I have always noticed it, Marvin goes: "Marvin Zindler, Eye witiness news" THEN THERE IS A SMALL PAUSE, THE DAVE WARD GOES: "Thank you Marvin" and Gina Gaston will laugh a little or just smile.

I even say it word for word when that part of the news comes on and also the slime in the ice machine song.

"He said slime in the ice machine" Du da dunt do dunt! LOL!

nice to know someone else does the same thing. Now I don't' feel like such a TOTAL dork.

The pause is generally just so they can show the exact same piece for the 10pm news.

What quite a few people fail to realize is how much work Marvin Actually does that rarely gets on the air, so it only appears that he's working a few hours a day.

of course, he has one bitchin' staff working for him. ;)

• 1 month later...
it is defintely not that old. i was thinking 2 or 3 yrs max..

The set first appeared in March '01... 6 years old, just a few days ago to be precise :D

I remember discussing some of this crap with a few other producers at the time. Oy.

Pretty long time in tv terms, but then again KHOU's basic set's been around for about 10 minus all of those flat-panel monitors that are in the background these days.

The music actually isn't a totally new piece, but rather an update of the music package they've been using since the mid 90's. Fits the updated look quite well from the bits I've seen. Graphics are pretty sweet, and they were done by Hothaus Creative.

Hey Ch2, maybe you can find out why the morning news girl was drunk this AM.

It was a trip.

If I had to work those hours... yeah. That might happen on an occasion or two.

Who does the mornings these days, anyway? I didn't really watch much tv when I was down there over the holidays.

• The title was changed to KTRK ABC 13 Gets New Theme Music

Archived