Memories Of Willow Chase

SunKing

I had a chance this weekend to drive through some of the areas I frequented while in High School in the early 80's. I remember a bunch of us used to party back in the Willow Chase area. The part I'm talking about is in the NW corner of 1960 and 249.

My question is - was this area redeveloped after 1983? I ask because - back when we used to party back there - I seem to remember it as a vacant residentail subdivision, with long streets and lots of cul-de-sacs. However, looking at the area now, it seems mostly commercial with apartments, and I don't remember the streets being layed out as they are now. What happened here? ...does anyone know any of the history?

I had a chance this weekend to drive through some of the areas I frequented while in High School in the early 80's. I remember a bunch of use used to party back in the Willow Chase area. The part I'm talking about is in the NE corner of 1960 and 249.

My question is - was this area redeveloped after 1983? I ask because - back when we used to party back there - I seem to remember it as a vacant residentail subdivision, with long streets and lots of cul-de-sacs. However, looking at the area now, it seems mostly commercial with apartments, and I don't remember the streets being layed out as they are now. What happened here? ...does anyone know any of the history?

Could you be talking about Mills Walk subdivision located between Perry and Jones?

Could you be talking about Mills Walk subdivision located between Perry and Jones?

Oopps - I meant northWEST intersection. It was Willow Chase for sure. Take a look at the link above. West of the intersection of 1960 and 249 you will see Willow Chase Drive. We entered Willow Chase Drive from 249, but I it looks different now than it did then. In fact, this is strange - look just west of Willow Chase, and you will see 'Green Mills Drive' and 'Echo Landing' - but on satelite view (or hybrid) those streets don't actually exist! I just noticed that - STRANGE INDEED! I think those may be 'remnants' of what I remember - they more closely resemble how I remember the area - as more of an empty residential subdivision (long streets with cul-de-sacs). Is there any way to know if an area was re-platted?

Oopps - I meant northWEST intersection. It was Willow Chase for sure. Take a look at the link above. West of the intersection of 1960 and 249 you will see Willow Chase Drive. We entered Willow Chase Drive from 249, but I it looks different now than it did then. In fact, this is strange - look just west of Willow Chase, and you will see 'Green Mills Drive' and 'Echo Landing' - but on satelite view (or hybrid) those streets don't actually exist! I just noticed that - STRANGE INDEED! I think those may be 'remnants' of what I remember - they more closely resemble how I remember the area - as more of an empty residential subdivision (long streets with cul-de-sacs). Is there any way to know if an area was re-platted?

'Green Mills Drive' and 'Echo Landing' are new streets in a new subdivision. Hope this helps.

'Green Mills Drive' and 'Echo Landing' are new streets in a new subdivision. Hope this helps.

Yeah, after I posted, I thought that might be a possibility. I don't know, I guess it's possible the street alignment hasn't changed, and it's just my foggy memory playing tricks on me. Thanks for the replies anyway.

• The title was changed to Willow Chase Area History
  • The title was changed to Memories Of Willow Chase

Archived