Home At 4927 Yarwell Dr.

robindell

We made a special trip to see the open house at 4927 Yarwell on Sunday and it was not open. I think they have been attempting to sell this house for six months to a year. I guess they are not very serious.

The new exterior paint scheme is acrid. It makes the place appear to be covered with thick green mold. I saw signs the place was previously painted electric blue and we have seen the old photos on HAR when it was white and brown. With the bright green of the winter rye grass and the similar monochrome greens of the other plant materials, there is no relief from green. Everything is yellow-green. Someone with bulimia may find staring at the front of the garage useful.

hr1824479-17.jpg

HCAD lists the place as a two bedroom. Perhaps the converted garage has become the third bedroom shown on the current listing. I don't think garage conversions are very popular selling points. The swimming pool looks like it was built too high so they had to remove the decking to keep water from running into the house. It seems area drains have been installed so drainage may be an issue. Do agents take a class on naming things like the "Florida Style" sliding doors and "Malibu" pool to make them seem more appealing?

• The title was changed to Home At 4927 Yarwell Dr.