Actual TOD in America

I"m not sure of any rail going thru 5th ward proper. Now third ward yes.

Well, I don't know if the neighborhood will be build "out." I was just thinking that if city planners do what their plans say, they intend to kind of revitalize those specific neighborhoods for those current residents, not for new ones to move in.

My thought that if a rail is built through those neighborhoods, that developement for outsiders would happen just outside those neighborhoods.

Third ward is fairly built out and the areas around it are crowded. One thing that hurts the area is that many residents are not homeowners so the property owners could sell out to developers. The residents are protesting complaining the neighborhood would be lost forever but honestly they have no say because they don't own the property they are living on. There is a nice elderly white gentleman who owns about 25 properties. I've met him several time while riding bikes in the area. He's not selling out now. But who's to say when he dies his estate wont?

But the revitalization you're asking me of is actually inside the neighborhoods, everywhere.

i'm asking you what type of revitalization are YOU talking about?

Hope I understood your question correctly. If not, I nullified the purpose of this post.

Edited by musicman