Disneyland and Houston

The article was temporarily down when I clicked on it. What's he saying? That there isn't enough parking there, unlike the abundance here?

It must be a subscription service site, sometimes you can pick up the article with the "cache".

Here is an alternate link to the same article

It must be a subscription service site, sometimes you can pick up the article with the "cache".

Here is an alternate link to the same article

Thats probably not legal. Oh well. Crazy article, man. I kind of think it's the people who live there too. If Houston ever had that problem (hahahaha) we might have similar results but I would slightly doubt that it would be of the same magnitude of multiple killings...wow

Thats probably not legal. Oh well. Crazy article, man. I kind of think it's the people who live there too. If Houston ever had that problem (hahahaha) we might have similar results but I would slightly doubt that it would be of the same magnitude of multiple killings...wow

That $40 million will cover lots of hospital bills. :ph34r:

I guess we must be pretty blessed to have "road rage" killings and drunk driving deaths instead.

Anyway, for what it's worth, the article also rips on Los Angeles for the same reason. LA is probably about halfway between Houston and S.F. in terms of parking availability.

To me it just sounds like they are too cheap to pay for garage parking.

I pay between 6 (early bird) and 12 (after 9:00am) a day in downtown Houston.

The 1100 Louisana garage is $35.00/day.

Just wondering, do you know if there is discounted motorcycle parking anywhere downtown? A friend of mine is curious, given bikes are effectively one-man HOVs.

Just wondering, do you know if there is discounted motorcycle parking anywhere downtown? A friend of mine is curious, given bikes are effectively one-man HOVs.

Can you not park with the bicycles on the sidewalks if there is a rack?

To me it just sounds like they are too cheap to pay for garage parking.

I pay between 6 (early bird) and 12 (after 9:00am) a day in downtown Houston.

The 1100 Louisana garage is $35.00/day.

Are you refering to New Yorker's too cheap to pay for parking? I hear they pay some pretty hefty prices to park in Manhatten.

• 3 weeks later...

i think some people are missing the point of the Houston/Disney comparison.

they're saying that in Disney and Houston, there is nothing walkable because everything is spread out. if you want to have a dense, walkable city, then parking problems will exist - as they do in SF.

we don't have a parking problem in Houston. and for what it's worth, Houston isn't really worth 'visiting'. good for living, but not so much for visiting.

Right on TAK. What he should have said was Disney World, rather than Land. That's a more proper comparison, IMHO. Drop a person in the middle of Houston and it's a lot like dropping a person in the middle of Disney World.

Edited by Parrothead