Houston to Lubbock

brijonmang

These are from my drive from Houston to Lubbock today. A lot of pictures didn't come out too well...but these were good enough (I thought) to post on here. There are about 23 that I chose, and apparently you can only post 10 pictures without a response...so if you want more, including the west Texas sunset, you will have to say something.

2007_01070086.jpg

Bridge in Cameron, Texas

2007_01070090.jpg

Wide open spaces.

2007_01070100.jpg

Retired helicopters in Temple, Texas.

2007_01070104.jpg

Lake Belton

2007_01070107.jpg

First sign of topography is up in the distance!

2007_01070109.jpg

More mesas

2007_01070112.jpg

Random peak

2007_01070118.jpg

Napa? ooorrrr just 15 miles south of Abilene.

2007_01070119.jpg

2007_01070127.jpg

West Texas wind farm

Thank you Marty...and now that I can add more...

2007_01070129.jpg

Train sunset

2007_01070139.jpg

Real sunset

2007_01070140.jpg

The sky was actually rainbow colored, but the camera isn't doing justice

2007_01070151.jpg

Sunlight mesa

Hope you enjoy! Here's to more travelling pictures in the future. :D

which way do you go? your pics remind me of when i take 36.

That would be Hwy 36 to Abilene, you are correct, and then the rest is Hwy 84 to Lubbock I am pretty sure. I commute back and forth to Wyoming once a month and I take that route to change up the scenic route. Sometimes I take Hwy 6 and sometimes I go 287 to Amarillo, breaks up the monotony of the drive. I really like the drive to Clovis and Santa Rosa, then I cut across to I-25, to head north. I got myself a new Sony DSC-N2 for Christmas and will have it with me for my trip up next Sunday. Will post that route when I make it up there, will try and catch some nice shots of Denver on my way through, it's been looking good lately, they have a great rail system now that has done wonders for traffic.

Oh by the way great shots brijonmang! Sorry for the minor hi-jack!

which way do you go? your pics remind me of when i take 36.
That would be Hwy 36 to Abilene, you are correct, and then the rest is Hwy 84 to Lubbock I am pretty sure. I commute back and forth to Wyoming once a month and I take that route to change up the scenic route. Sometimes I take Hwy 6 and sometimes I go 287 to Amarillo, breaks up the monotony of the drive. I really like the drive to Clovis and Santa Rosa, then I cut across to I-25, to head north. I got myself a new Sony DSC-N2 for Christmas and will have it with me for my trip up next Sunday. Will post that route when I make it up there, will try and catch some nice shots of Denver on my way through, it's been looking good lately, they have a great rail system now that has done wonders for traffic.

Oh by the way great shots brijonmang! Sorry for the minor hi-jack!

You guys are both right, that is hwy 36. I used to go 6 but with all the construction and everything I've been taking hwy 36 lately. Plus its about 25 miles shorter and generally has less traffic and fewer towns to drive through. Thanks for the props though Mark...I'm looking forward to more scenic shots on your next trip.

My wife is from Lubbock. We both went to Tech. I've made that drive about 1,000 times. I always like driving under the railway trestles between Brenham and Comanche. The road is super narrow and, if you time it just right, you might go under with a train going overhead.

Good pics, thanks

Archived