Exxon Gas Station At 1003 Studemont St.

Northwood

I suspect they are adding more pumps, plus freshening up the building a bit. Every day that intersection has more and more traffic...making that gas station a potential a gold mine, as it has a monopoly on the corner. Previously they could only handle 4 cars at once...compare that to the Chevron at Montrose/West Dallas. Several times lately I've had to skip getting gas at the Washington Chevron and continue down to West Dallas, where gas is usually a few cents higher (though I suspect that will change now).

Hopefully they will clean up the building too. I haven't been inside in 10 years, as one night way back the Satellite Lounge lost its liquor license and went BYOB, and everyone headed down to that Chevron to load up. The guy there pulled out a pricing gun and was pulling beer out of every corner of the freezer. We got a faded 12-pack of Shiner that had about an inch of dust on top. Gave me the worst hangover of my entire life. I swore I would never buy anything but gas from that place again.

• The title was changed to Gas Station At Washington Ave. And Studewood St.
  • The title was changed to Exxon Gas Station At 1003 Studemont St.

Archived