The Dentist

Parrothead

Do you go faithfully? If not, let me be a lesson to you:

Last time I saw a dentist: Today, at 10:00AM. Before that--1997.

Total, before insurance, cost of all dental work that will be done over the next four weeks:

$5,279.00

Today's exam, xrays, etc

4 Wisdom Teeth, all impacted--coming out

2 cracked molars--root canals and crowns

1 bicuspid--root canal and crown

3 random, small fillings

Gum Treatment and Cleaning

Night Guard

Whitening

Thank goodness about 50% of that is paid by insurance!

If you haven't gone, I implore you: GO! :unsure:

I hear Plastic likes girls with "Summer" teeth. Summer in their mouths, summer in their pockets............

2 cracked Molars, those teeth must have dead roots or there is no way you could even eat ?! I had one cracked molar in 1997 or 1998, I am a 6'4" 300lb. man and I cried like a little girl who lost her barbie doll on Xmas, while on the way to the dentist, I couldn't open my right eye it hurt so bad, and it felt like I was bleeding out my ear. Just terrible, I had them yank that puppy. I don't know why it cracked, I happen to think I have excellent teeth, no orthodonture at all, EVER, and they are very straight, I have all 4 wisdom teeth, but only 31 teeth now because of the extraction. Ok,ok, yea, I got a big mouth, there, I said it before any of your smart@$$es could. :P:lol::lol:

Do you go faithfully? If not, let me be a lesson to you:

Last time I saw a dentist: Today, at 10:00AM. Before that--1997.

Total, before insurance, cost of all dental work that will be done over the next four weeks:

$5,279.00

Today's exam, xrays, etc

4 Wisdom Teeth, all impacted--coming out

2 cracked molars--root canals and crowns

1 bicuspid--root canal and crown

3 random, small fillings

Gum Treatment and Cleaning

Night Guard

Whitening

Thank goodness about 50% of that is paid by insurance!

If you haven't gone, I implore you: GO! :unsure:

LOL! 1997?!

Yikes

I thought I was bad for not going twice a year. I normally go once a year or year and a half.

I was always told to floss the teeth you want to keep too. Not really taking the advice :(

I hear Plastic likes girls with "Summer" teeth. Summer in their mouths, summer in their pockets............

2 cracked Molars, those teeth must have dead roots or there is no way you could even eat ?! I had one cracked molar in 1997 or 1998, I am a 6'4" 300lb. man and I cried like a little girl who lost her barbie doll on Xmas, while on the way to the dentist, I couldn't open my right eye it hurt so bad, and it felt like I was bleeding out my ear. Just terrible, I had them yank that puppy. I don't know why it cracked, I happen to think I have excellent teeth, no orthodonture at all, EVER, and they are very straight, I have all 4 wisdom teeth, but only 31 teeth now because of the extraction. Ok,ok, yea, I got a big mouth, there, I said it before any of your smart@$$es could. :P:lol::lol:

image001.jpg

Put all your dental hygiene stuff in the shower like I do, you will always remember to at least take care of your teeth once a day. B)

Nothing like Shaving the beard & Brushing your teeth in the shower. 3 birds with one stone. I'd throw in more birds, but I'll try to be adult about it.

Nothing like Shaving the beard & Brushing your teeth in the shower. 3 birds with one stone. I'd throw in more birds, but I'll try to be adult about it.

I remember an Indian inventor from that reality show last year, American Inventor had a lap sink so you can use the toilet and shave at the same time. . . not sexy at all.

Okay, um wait a sec :lol:

I am a faithful user of my happy Soniccare brush (love it!!) and I floss EVERY day. I take the best care of my teeth with what I have, in fact, I have a container of those little mini-flossers in my car, the kind with the pick on the other end and they're disposable. I love those things!

Unfortunately, my father had horrible teeth, was always at the dentist for a root canal or some other disaster. I developed a fear of sorts, but that didn't mean I gave up the Listerine (Citrus is my fave, if you can have a favorite Listerine *yuk*).

The cracks are very fine but they are there. I do not need a root canal, just crowns apparently on those two. On the one that I need the root canal, that one is the whole reason why I went--suddenly it started hurting. Holy crap, talk about being a 10 year old girl...I was wailing.

My dentist calls my molars "soft". It's genetic, and they are prone to issues unfortunately. He also said pregnancy can do horrible things to your teeth, something I had never heard before?

I will still have all my normal teeth, thank you very much. :lol: He also said I have a beautiful smile, he's just going to make it better! :D

Okay, um wait a sec :lol:

I am a faithful user of my happy Soniccare brush (love it!!) and I floss EVERY day. I take the best care of my teeth with what I have, in fact, I have a container of those little mini-flossers in my car, the kind with the pick on the other end and they're disposable. I love those things!

Unfortunately, my father had horrible teeth, was always at the dentist for a root canal or some other disaster. I developed a fear of sorts, but that didn't mean I gave up the Listerine (Citrus is my fave, if you can have a favorite Listerine *yuk*).

The cracks are very fine but they are there. I do not need a root canal, just crowns apparently on those two. On the one that I need the root canal, that one is the whole reason why I went--suddenly it started hurting. Holy crap, talk about being a 10 year old girl...I was wailing.

My dentist calls my molars "soft". It's genetic, and they are prone to issues unfortunately. He also said pregnancy can do horrible things to your teeth, something I had never heard before?

I will still have all my normal teeth, thank you very much. :lol: He also said I have a beautiful smile, he's just going to make it better! :D

The whole pregnancy thing is true, once you pop out about 8 or 9 kids, the teeth lose calcium for the strength, how many kids do you have again ? :blink:

I remember an Indian inventor from that reality show last year, American Inventor had a lap sink so you can use the toilet and shave at the same time. . . not sexy at all.

Yeah. If it takes you as long to poop as it does to shave, you might want to reconsider what you eat.

no way, really????

Yeah -- October, 1989. I asked the dentist about a little thing I thought might be a cavity. He said it was nothing. He turned out to be very very wrong. I really should go. Maybe next year.

Yeah. If it takes you as long to poop as it does to shave, you might want to reconsider what you eat.

Yeah -- October, 1989. I asked the dentist about a little thing I thought might be a cavity. He said it was nothing. He turned out to be very very wrong. I really should go. Maybe next year.

Absolutely you should go, You don't want to lose those last 3 that are left in there you know ?

Ouch, is it Parrothead, or Dragonbreath? Sorry, couldn't resist;)

I've had crowns put on most of my molars in the past few years because they all started to crack. For me though, the dentist said it was because the silver filling material they used to use in the stone age;) expands and contracts, and I have a nasty habit of chewing ice, and over the years my teeth couldn't take it any longer and finally started failing. I've never had a root canal though, I've heard they aren't fun even with all the cool pain killers you get.

Archived