Northgate Forest Wants To Secede From Spring ISD?

pineda

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Klein ISD also declined to move further with Northgate Forests' request to move into the district.

So did the people who wanted out of Spring in Northgate Forest send their kids to private schools? I go to the new Spring Clinic right across on 1960 and noticed Spring school buses exiting from there. I take it some of them couldn't afford the private schools. All their money goes on their homes, I guess.

• 1 month later...
So did the people who wanted out of Spring in Northgate Forest send their kids to private schools? I go to the new Spring Clinic right across on 1960 and noticed Spring school buses exiting from there. I take it some of them couldn't afford the private schools. All their money goes on their homes, I guess.

There's a lot of sketchy people living in Northgate now whom I'm fairly sure can't afford to send their kids to private school. A lot of the houses (mainly in the older section on Cedar Woods and Pinelake) there are leased out or sitting vacant and for sale. Some of the houses are really poorly maintained; my parents looked at one for sale on Cedar Woods out of morbid curiosity and were shocked at the bad shape it was in.

I think most of the people pushing for the "secession" are the ones who live in The Estates and The Village and the other newer sub-subdivisions of Northgate.

• 4 months later...

I came from a family with two parents who held college degrees that bought a house in the 70s in an area (SW Houston- Willowridge) that switched just like Westfield....the people moved as fast as they could and eventually began the Sugar Land migration....my old house has tripled in value, we have great highway access to every part of Houston now and lo and behold developers are building restaurants in the area now for a change...if you bought your house 10 years ago you can turn a profit easily

If your threatened by my skin color (lets be real, that's the story) then good riddance...you may need to study an area before you move and buy a billion dollar house and want to cry foul when an area changes

anyone with a brain who can see could see that the 1960 area was going to change back in the 90s.....ANYTIME a SUBURBAN DISTRCT BORDERS A MINORITY DISTRICT WITH ALOT OF MULTIFAMILY OPTIONS..THE SUBURBAN DISTRICT WILL BEGIN TO SHIFT

If I live in Greenspoint and I'm tired of the apartment living but want to stay close to the area for my family...where will a first time or move-up home buyer think on that side of town?

Will i move to?

Back towards Acres Home? Hidden Valley? (Aldine ISD)

Cy-Fair is kind of far...(no)

Humble? (maybe but still out there)

Hmmm....Spring is a nice area..Veterans Memorial has access directly to I-45....the Beltway is a good East-West Corridor..I see plenty of move-up options for me...Westfield High has a good football/basketball team so I can get exposure, etc.

also...they've built tons of apartments off 1960 in the past, alot of small starter homes and rarely do those areas remain the same so it was designed for Westfield to shift

if people would drive in their respective area/school zone before buying maybe they could make logical decisions....Spring's boundaries snake into Greenspoint...if you drive down Greens Road near Veterans near Claughton MS you will see alot of older Greenspoint neighborhoods zoned to Spring that's appealing to first time home buyers/rental opportunties, etc. so obviously Westfield will resemble that area..

Westador resident here.

I hate to bump an ancient thread, but that's simply not true. They could have fought the building of those monstrous complexes. They could have tried to preserve the character of the area. But they didn't. Frankly, I blame the lack of zoning being in unincorporated Harris County. I true tragedy of the highest calibur.

• The title was changed to Northgate Forest Wants To Secede From Spring ISD?

Archived