What is/was your favorite cereal?

perky's nutty rice.

a cross between grape nuts and rice crispies...

the name makes it a little embarrassing to ask for.

:blush:

before that it was frosted mini wheats.

about 5 years ago, i found a rat poo in the sealed bag part. it made it

to the bowl but luckily not my spoon. they sent a mailer and the full box

was tested --- negative they said.

i've owned a rodent and know that stuff when i see it...

they did send about $10 of free and 35 cent coupons though.

:unsure:

Edited by torvald

Pac-Man by General Mills 1983-85, it look like Kix and Lucky Charms mix together. also Count Chocula, Frankin Berry and Boo Berry. :)

Edited by Marty

Here's what kind of cereal paraphernalia i got sitting on top of my 1977 Montgomery Wards freezer.

Honey Comb, Apple Jacks ,Fruity Pebbles and Caption Crunch i know caption crunch = busted top of the mouth roof but thay make them softer now. but if you still miss that 1980's Caption Crunch, i suggest eating Funyuns as fast as you can. >:):lol:

Edited by Marty

All the sugery cereal: Fosted Flakes, Pops, both Pebbles, Trix, Sugar Smacks, Foot Loops, all of them.

I used to eat something called Smurf Berry Crunch which I later called Barf Berry Crunch. Every time I ate it, I'd vomit, but I'd make the sacrifice for the Smurfs because I loved them so. Finally I learned my lesson. It's something about berry flavoring that I can't tolerate. Crunch Berries were good, though.

I ate and still eat all my cereals dry because I don't like milk.

I usually eat bran flakes now.

All the sugery cereal: Fosted Flakes, Pops, both Pebbles, Trix, Sugar Smacks, Foot Loops, all of them.

I used to eat something called Smurf Berry Crunch which I later called Barf Berry Crunch. Every time I ate it, I'd vomit, but I'd make the sacrifice for the Smurfs because I loved them so. Finally I learned my lesson. It's something about berry flavoring that I can't tolerate. Crunch Berries were good, though.

I ate and still eat all my cereals dry because I don't like milk.

I usually eat bran flakes now.

:lol: x 100

• 4 months later...
03000006310b.jpg

I remember this Quisp back in the 1960s. It had a "partner" cereal called "Quake." Over the years, the word "sugar" was omitted from the names of certain cereals. Now there are Kellogg's Corn (formerly Sugar) Pops, Kellogg's (formerly Sugar) Smacks, Post Super (not Sugar) Crisp.

As for the controversy about cereal having too much sugar, why don't the cereal companies make them without sugar like they do regular Corn Flakes and Rice Krispies? Then if people want sugar, they can add some to their cereal, as much or as little as they want.

Calvin in "Calvin and Hobbes" always ate "Chocolately Sugar Bombs."