Houston Architecture Foundation

I'm placing this topic in this forum because I looked at all the rest and couldn't decide where else to place it.

Please Moderater, if this goes somewhere else, move it. Thanks

But my question is, why doesn't Houston have some kind of organization like this one in Chicago? It seems like its for the public. I have recently graduated college in May of '05 but am very interested in architecture and possibly thinking about going back to school to get into that or some place in city planning.

If Houston had some sort of educational system for citizens who are interested in architecture, just think with all the people who live here who it might spark an interest in and then they go to school and are inspired to make Houston even greater, as we all want.

What do y'all think?

Maybe someone can direct me to websites, sources etc on how to get more involved. I've already checked out books from the library on this sort of stuff. I love it.

Welcome to the forum.

I can see Chicago having that because they are so big and have a great architectural heritage. In Houston we do have the Rice Design Allicance. They publish a quarterly magazine, "Cite", that usually deals with Houston architecture and related issues. Also, check out groups like Greater Houston Preservation Alliance that sponsor periodic local architecture tours.

And obviously you've already found HAIF, which is a pretty darn good resource itself. :)