Picazo Restaurant Bar & Grill At 1421 Preston St.

modo

Not a whole lot. I tried to buy the property 6-8 years ago for $425000 or so. I guess it would have been a decent buy but it was a little too early on in the downtown redev thing. I think the building is 7000 sq feet and its on maybe 5000 feet of land? At the time I was looking at it there was a church in the building with a couple years left on the lease.

I drove by about a month or two ago and want to say I saw a restaurant/bar coming soon. Today I didn't notice a sign but construction has begun.

• 3 months later...
It is a restaurant named PicaZo, or something like that. It appears to now be open, serving breakfast and lunch (accoeding to the banner). Not sure about dinner.

It's Picazo. From an e-mail they sent out 3/27/07:

breakfast, lunch, or dinner

we cater and deliver.

thanks

anthony vowell

marketing director

713-628-0219 cell

picazo restaurant bar & grill

1421 preston @ labranch

houston tx 77002

www.picazodowntown.com

713-236-1300

I went there last night - it was AWESOME. Great service (and I'm all about good service), food, atmosphere, decor (they did a superb job renovating that building) - just what that area needed!! A perfect place for a pre-game/concert meal.

I really really think this place has got what it takes to succeed - the prices are reasonable, there's a little bit of something for everyone (food wise and price wise), and the service is outstanding... Go now!!

Edited by Htowngirl

• The title was changed to What's That Building Renovation At Preston St. And Labranch St.
  • The title was changed to Picazo Restaurant Bar & Grill At 1421 Preston St.