Boy, 4, Dies After He's Mauled By Dogs

houstonmacbro

when are we (society) gonna learn that people and pit-bulls don't mix? i really like dogs. i have a dog, but far too many breeders have polluted the pit bull gene pool with unstable mixes and matches.

10373741_240X180.jpg

HOUSTON -- Two dogs mauled a child to death in northeast Harris County on Tuesday, officials told KPRC Local 2.

Harris County sheriff's deputies said the boy was attacked at a mobile home park in the 8900 block of C.E. King Parkway near Fern Forest Drive at about 1:25 p.m.

full article here: http://www.click2houston.com/news/10372839/detail.html

when are we (society) gonna learn that people and pit-bulls don't mix? i really like dogs. i have a dog, but far too many breeders have polluted the pit bull gene pool with unstable mixes and matches.

10373741_240X180.jpg

HOUSTON -- Two dogs mauled a child to death in northeast Harris County on Tuesday, officials told KPRC Local 2.

Harris County sheriff's deputies said the boy was attacked at a mobile home park in the 8900 block of C.E. King Parkway near Fern Forest Drive at about 1:25 p.m.

full article here: http://www.click2houston.com/news/10372839/detail.html

I don't understand the attraction that some folks have for these stupid dogs. I guess they are of the same mentality as the dogs. There needs to be a genocide on these dogs.

I am soooooooo sick of the owners of Pitbulls who train them to kill. It's just terrible. I know the breed to be one of the most loyal if treated right. These dogs aren't historically "killers" they have to be trained, and with all the inbreeding that has occured in the last 15 years or so, there is basically no "pure" blood anymore. You have crossed chromosomes that have made the breed into freaks now.

Petey, the dog in all the little rascals movies was a purebred Pitbull.There was never one incident while around all those kids. Somehow someone figured out just how strong the dogs were and decided that they are very smart as well, and could be trained to kill on command, the pit have pushed the doberman out of the limelight as the ultimate "killer dog". I just think it is gonna come down to outlawing the breed, and destroying what dogs are out there now, and some seriious jailtime for those caught with "pit fighters".

Edited by TJones

This is from CoogFans in case you want to help. RevCoog posted this:

perhaps you read the tragic story about little pedro rios, who was killed by two stray pit bulls while playing outside his house yesterday. if not, here's the story online:

chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/4353108.html

the rios family was attending a spanish-speaking church (iglesia bautista salvacion eterna) that meets in our church's fellowship hall. the pastor, david silva, called me last night and told me about this before i saw it on the news. the church will be paying for the funeral. friends, this little church doesn't have much money at all. i wanted to list this here so that you could a) be praying for the rios family.

B) consider whether you want to make a contribution to their funeral expenses.

my church has a fund for this purpose. we are south avenue baptist church, 605 preston, pasadena, 77503. if you write a check, make it out to the church and indicate in the memo section that you want the money to go to the rios family. please call me at the church if you have any questions, my email is currently on the fritz.

713 472 0450

thanks to all,

jeff

I don't understand the attraction that some folks have for these stupid dogs. I guess they are of the same mentality as the dogs. There needs to be a genocide on these dogs.

They are popular in lower class settings and seem to be extensions of insecure males' attempts at macho compensation. A big, bad truck and and a big, bad dog.......that should get the buddies' and the ladies' admiration now. Breeding has also become a popular home-based business.

We had a stray in my neighborhood last month or so. Kinda sad looking, skinny. Just slunked around the street.

They are popular in lower class settings and seem to be extensions of insecure males' attempts at macho compensation. A big, bad truck and and a big, bad dog.......that should get the buddies' and the ladies' admiration now. Breeding has also become a popular home-based business.

We had a stray in my neighborhood last month or so. Kinda sad looking, skinny. Just slunked around the street.

Isn't there a way to inject chemicals that destroy muscle mass?

Pits (and their cousin the Staffordshire) are fantastic creatures. They are NOT naturally agressive to humans, and do make great companions, even in households with young children. The difference is, due to the size and physique of Pits, they are capable of doing serious damage if they are not socialized properly.

Unless they are trained to be agressive, Pits will not attack a human. These breeds get a poor reputation due to the people that own them, and purposely TRAIN them to be agressive and/or constantly keep them locked in a cage or tied to a tree, at which point they are not socialized to any creature, be it man or dog.

Pits/Staffordshires are compassionate, loving, loyal, and extremely intelligent, and do not deserve to be wiped out. People need to be more informed about the care and attention this breed needs, prior to owning one.

Petey, the dog in all the little rascals movies was a purebred Pitbull.There was never one incident while around all those kids. Somehow someone figured out just how strong the dogs were and decided that they are very smart as well, and could be trained to kill on command, the pit have pushed the doberman out of the limelight as the ultimate "killer dog". I just think it is gonna come down to outlawing the breed, and destroying what dogs are out there now, and some seriious jailtime for those caught with "pit fighters".

They were real popular in the '30s. I remember a picture of my grandmother walking the family pit bull, forgot his name. I know grandma wouldn't have brought a dangerous animal into her house, my father must have been about 3 at the time of the picture. Actually I'm pretty sure my father pestered her for a dog like the one on "The Little Rascals". The breeding practices really have changed this breed over the years from a loyal family pet to a killer. A real shame.

It's people who make "Pit Bulls" aggressive, just like people make Rotties and Dobies aggressive. Do a search on "pit bull breeder" and you'll see the kind of folks that are buying them and the kind of folks that are breeding them to fight. The American Staffordshire Terrier, on the other hand, is one of the most awesome breed of dog I have ever had the privilege of caring for.

It is well known in the "dog circle" that Pits should be socialized with children early on. There are a lot of breeds that it is easy to say the same for, I realize.

IMHO, the owner should be held responsible for that child's life. What I don't understand is the comment yesterday made by the neighbor who said they had seen those dogs around for at least two weeks. Why didn't she (or anyone else) call animal control for God's sake?

Edited by Parrothead

A friend of mine owned a pit bull for over 5 years. One day she came home from work and the dog acosted her (bared teeth, growled, stood up on her with his paws on her shoulders). They said, well, she scared him. A week later he bit her granddaughter in the face. What is it with people and pit bulls?

It's people who make "Pit Bulls" aggressive, just like people make Rotties and Dobies aggressive.

This was the point I was going to make. If you kill off the pitbull, then the thugs will turn to the Doberman. If you do the same to the Doberman, they will turn to the Rottweilers. If you do the same to the Rottweilers, they will turn to the Chows.

It will never end the cycle of dog-fighting by killing off one breed. There need to be strict laws about owning these types of dogs.

No permit = no dog. Lets make people accountable for their pets for a change.

It will never end the cycle of dog-fighting by killing off one breed. There need to be strict laws about owning these types of dogs.

It will never end the cycle of people being killed by dogs either. All dogs are dangerous.

Many, many more people are killed by guns than by dogs. Maybe we should make gun control a higher priority. Ooops. We already have. Could someone refresh me, how well did that one work out?

It's people who make "Pit Bulls" aggressive, just like people make Rotties and Dobies aggressive. Do a search on "pit bull breeder" and you'll see the kind of folks that are buying them and the kind of folks that are breeding them to fight. The American Staffordshire Terrier, on the other hand, is one of the most awesome breed of dog I have ever had the privilege of caring for.

Turns out, an Am. Staff is the SAME as a Pit, its just that the breed standard is slightly different, but when the Am. Staff line was established, it was established with pits.

What kind of Third World country are we living in?

Pit Bulls are dangerous animals that ought be banned from Harris County. People who own these kinds of dogs are idiots.

I realize these are strays and its a popular dog for the uneducated and other low income people.

I would like to see them all liquidated...or sent to Dallas.

What kind of Third World country are we living in?

Pit Bulls are dangerous animals that ought be banned from Harris County. People who own these kinds of dogs are idiots.

I realize these are strays and its a popular dog for the uneducated and other low income people.

i my friend had a seizure dog. it was very kind and loyal dog.

people would be hesitant of it (because of it's breed) but would

quickly defrost after seeing how sweet it was. i didn't know about

seizure dogs until i met her. they don't let them in as many places

as a seeing eye dog and i would get left behind with it outside while

she shopped. it was a good deal, as i don't like shopping much.

the dog could actually tell about 20 minutes before an episode and

we would rush to her apartment or pull over in the car to wait out

the seizure. it would stay with her during the actual seizure and

since she lived alone it was comforting to have it there when she

came out of it. it never did anything abrupt or skidish.

animals, like people, can be totally screwed over when raised by

their owners/parents .

While we're at it, we should ban hot dogs. They are a popular food for the uneducated and other low income people.

SAVE THE CHILDREN FROM KILLER HOT DOGS!!?!?!?

Edited by jm1fd