Guessing Game #17

its the skanky stinky nasty dollar store on main street!!!!!

has to get that in before someone beat me :> I've noticed the details on it before, but you really have to look! this isn't the stinky conveince store across from foley's, but north a couple of blocks. this one smells even worse...

the skanky stinky nasty dollar store is the official term we used at my old office :D

has to get that in before someone beat me :> I've noticed the details on it before, but you really have to look! this isn't the stinky conveince store across from foley's, but north a couple of blocks. this one smells even worse...

the skanky stinky nasty dollar store is the official term we used at my old office :D

I was thinkng the same thing.

DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! DING!

DSC02344.jpg

DSC02345.jpg

Are you kidding? This is a "gem" (if you ask me), of downtown. It's one of those places where I can feel like I'm in some 1970's vintage cop show, like Starsky and Hutch (or something). There is always that feeling of being in slight danger, being mugged, or followed soonafter. It's that feeling that tells me "you're not in Kansas anymore."

Are you kidding? This is a "gem" (if you ask me), of downtown. It's one of those places where I can feel like I'm in some 1970's vintage cop show, like Starsky and Hutch (or something). There is always that feeling of being in slight danger, being mugged, or followed soonafter. It's that feeling that tells me "you're not in Kansas anymore."

Exactly! The Woodlands will be building replicas of this store in Market Street (with actors playing the bums, of course) to give it a more authentic feel. Of course, the Woodlands moms will tell their kids not to go near it, because it's "dangerous"....just to add to the authentic feel, though...not because it really IS dangerous or anything.

I'll take that mad dog and put it on my new mattress with pride :D

I must admit, I've bought candy there and served it at the office :> and it is quite appropriate as a farewell to my working downtown. I just took a job in the Champions area (boooo)...wonder if they have stinky skanky nasty chicken up there???

Exactly! The Woodlands will be building replicas of this store in Market Street (with actors playing the bums, of course) to give it a more authentic feel. Of course, the Woodlands moms will tell their kids not to go near it, because it's "dangerous"....just to add to the authentic feel, though...not because it really IS dangerous or anything.

:lol: hehe. I wonder if they'll leave the gen-u-ine urine smell out?

2112 mentioned Starsky & Hutch but those scenes were from a time when cities had poor people living there in the various cheap motels and flophouses. Skid rows existed. Now, all that's left are panhandlers. It's already like the Woodlands. Are there any tough downtowns in large US cities left? Maybe Detroit? I wonder if there'll be a "reality-based" tour company during the super bowl pointing out the various old-time urban characters. And with brownstones in Bed-Stuy going for 1M, NY sounds like it's pretty much tamed.

Damn yuppies!

Archived