Rail On Richmond Ave.

tommyboy444

Culberson is no longer the chairman of transportation! Dare I dream it?

Doesn't matter. If Culberson tells them to put the money somewhere else, the new chair will gladly accept the proposal. Congressmen really don't care about obtaining pork for congressional districts that aren't their own.

Doesn't matter. If Culberson tells them to put the money somewhere else, the new chair will gladly accept the proposal. Congressmen really don't care about obtaining pork for congressional districts that aren't their own.

And this is more true than not. Only untrue with that jackass Delay when it came to Houston and the METRO rail !!!! :angry2::angry2:

F-ing Republicans! Why does it seem they are against everything positive and progressive in this city and state? Who the h#ll votes for these morons? Oh, I guess very few...

Yeah, we mainly vote on Presidents and Governors.

F-ing Republicans! Why does it seem they are against everything positive and progressive in this city and state? Who the h#ll votes for these morons? Oh, I guess very few...

Both parties have their positive aspects, just as each has their negative aspects. If the Libertarian party had a George Soros of their own, things might change a little bit, but do you notice how close most races seem to be? It may as well be a coin-toss. I think most people are just confused by it all...they only hear a bunch of slanderous campaign ads for a month or two, with practically no discussion of issues that matter, and by the time election rolls around, the average joe just can't tell the difference between the one candidate and the other. If I could, I might vote...but I distrust all of them and have no confidence that my vote would translate to desirable policy even if one of them happened to have scrounged up a few seconds to expound ambiguously upon their political philosophy.

This is why election nights annoy me...I may as well be sitting through a high school graduation ceremony as a bunch of dummies come up, shake hands, and walk off to their jobs at Mickey D's. A couple of them say a sappy meaningless speech, and everybody goes home, a few hours poorer. And when the aggregate pressure of their incompetence puts Mickey D's in the red, they send out Ronald with a submachine gun to beg for change...

While many races may have been tight last night, the overall theme was not, no matter the spin the RNC tries to put on it.

Over 7,100,000 more people voted for Democratic Senators rather than Republicans. The Repubs failed to pick up a Democratic seat while the DEMS picked up 4 and are leading in the other two as I type.

On the House side of things, the DEMS have picked up 28 seats with several still too close to call. As of right now, not a single Democratic incumbent lost their seat although two races in Georgia are too close to call. Even in those, the DEMS are currently leading.

In the race for the governors mansions, the DEMS picked up 6 seats last night. Again, not a single incumbent Democrat lost a race last night.

Last night, the pundits on the right were claiming that the only Democrats that were winning were really more like Republicans. They also stated that almost all of the seats that the Dems were picking up were coming from states that are more traditionally blue states so it didn't signify much. But, last time I checked, Arizona, Florida, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, North Carolina, and Texas weren't considered blue states and yet DEMS managed to take seats away in those states. They also have an outside shot at winning the seat in Wyoming and another in Ohio.

Last night's results were BIG.

While many races may have been tight last night, the overall theme was not, no matter the spin the RNC tries to put on it.

Over 7,100,000 more people voted for Democratic Senators rather than Republicans. The Repubs failed to pick up a Democratic seat while the DEMS picked up 4 and are leading in the other two as I type.

On the House side of things, the DEMS have picked up 28 seats with several still too close to call. As of right now, not a single Democratic incumbent lost their seat although two races in Georgia are too close to call. Even in those, the DEMS are currently leading.

In the race for the governors mansions, the DEMS picked up 6 seats last night. Again, not a single incumbent Democrat lost a race last night.

Last night, the pundits on the right were claiming that the only Democrats that were winning were really more like Republicans. They also stated that almost all of the seats that the Dems were picking up were coming from states that are more traditionally blue states so it didn't signify much. But, last time I checked, Arizona, Florida, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, North Carolina, and Texas weren't considered blue states and yet DEMS managed to take seats away in those states. They also have an outside shot at winning the seat in Wyoming and another in Ohio.

Last night's results were BIG.

the results were actually not that big of deal historically.

A Duel, but Not Decisive

By Charles Krauthammer

Friday, November 3, 2006; Page A21

According to the pollsters, pundits and pols -- Democratic and nervous Republican -- a great anti-Republican wave is a-coming. Well, let's assume major Democratic gains: 20 to 25 House seats and four to six Senate seats. The House goes Democratic for the first time in 12 years. The Senate probably stays Republican, but by such an excruciatingly small margin that there is no governing majority.

What to say about such a victory? Substantial, yes. Historic, no. Before proclaiming a landslide, one has to ask Henny Youngman's question: "Compared to what?" (His answer to: "How's your wife?") Since the end of World War II, the average loss for a second-term presidency in its sixth year has been 29 House seats and six Senate seats. If you go back to Franklin Roosevelt's second term, the House loss average jumps to 35. Thus a 25/6 House and Senate loss would be about (and slightly below) the historical average.

full article

Culberson is no longer the chairman of transportation! Dare I dream it?

He never was chairman. Now he will be in the minority. Anne Northup, KY and John Sweeney, NY were defeated, so that counts for 2 of the seats lost on the committee. At least one more-possibly two will be kicked off the minority side while at least five democrats will need to be added to the majority side. I see a spot for Lampson there.

• The title was changed to Rail On Richmond Ave.

Archived