Why?Metro lightrail?

All the money Metro spends doing "studies" and test, why can't they build an elevated(yeah it's expensive, so are studies, comercials, meetings...I bet the fed would give a grant if they saw something worthwhile.) portion of train line from 59? 45 north, 45 south and other heavily traveled sections? It would be a nice concept. We need to stop building leisure lines. Everyday i am stuck in traffic i think about this.

if you are so sick of being in traffic....then use the Park and Ride system

Where is the nearest one in Pasadena?! Exactly! By the time i drive to the closest one i'm 2/3rd to work...I'm commenting on a rail system along the freeway corriders...

fox- given that you posted on the pasadena southmore thread, head out to the Monroe p/r...

i used to take it to downtown and it was wonderful...

wasn't necessarily much quicker- but i didn't have to hassle with parkin or NOTHING...

i'd rather have express trains, but i'll take an express bus...

pasadena voted against Metro period years back cause metro wouldn't guarantee them service i believe...

personally pasadena has LOTS of people that would defeinitely use the bus system...

to include deer park and laporte too...

doesn't make any sense to me.

All the money Metro spends doing "studies" and test, why can't they build an elevated(yeah it's expensive, so are studies, comercials, meetings...I bet the fed would give a grant if they saw something worthwhile.) portion of train line from 59? 45 north, 45 south and other heavily traveled sections? It would be a nice concept. We need to stop building leisure lines. Everyday i am stuck in traffic i think about this.

I'm not sure anyone has actually addressed your question. Not surprising that out of the things you stated, the last sentence would be the focus.

I don't think what you inquired about would get off of the ground in Houston any time soon and you basically hit the nail on the head with the reason. COST! I'm afraid too many would view such a thing as "a waste of my tax money", particularly if their areas aren't served immediately. Plus, I don't think Houstonians as a whole even understand why the city should have such a system at all.

All the money Metro spends doing "studies" and test, why can't they build an elevated(yeah it's expensive, so are studies, comercials, meetings...I bet the fed would give a grant if they saw something worthwhile.)

The short answer is:

because it's the law. They are required to do all those "meetings and studies."

I bet if Metro put a train down the middle of the Katy freeway it would have more riders than any other line. But the developers shriek in horror at the thought of all those people passing up all those developments without stopping. The developers do not want rail, they never have. After all developer king Lanier was the biggest opponent to rail for years. The thought it gave him heart attacks.

I bet if Metro put a train down the middle of the Katy freeway it would have more riders than any other line.

Most likely.

But the developers shriek in horror at the thought of all those people passing up all those developments without stopping.

Nope. The fact that the line would be taking vehicles off the freeway means that there'd be less congestion. Less congestion allows the city to continue to grow; gridlock, on the other hand, would inhibit growth. And developers don't care where the opportunities for growth are...they'll go where the money is.

The developers do not want rail, they never have. After all developer king Lanier was the biggest opponent to rail for years. The thought it gave him heart attacks.

Ed Wulfe, retail developer, is president of the Main Street Coalition. He's opportunistic, as all good developers should be. Incidentally, Ken Lay was also pushing for LRT; Enron owned a lot of Midtown land on which apartments would be developed. The only reason you hear so many developers whine about it is because they're honest in their opinions. LRT as it was implemented was a waste of public money.