Bayou Place May Add Residences

ricco67

I just hope there would be support for the retail right there. It seems the Pavillons will have a better support for its retail.

The proposals nice, but the current Bayou Place isn't necessarily a crowning achievement. The Aquarium is doing fine and is often busy. At least it is getting people into downtown.

• 1 month later...

Bayou Place isnt the best - but it is a pretty good re-use for an old convention hall. Besides who actually eats at Hard Rock - I look for them to leave the Houston market altogether in the next few years - stick with the funky locations - ie London, Paris, Hawaii ect.... places where locals think eating there is a big deal.

^^^^^

Maybe the Hard Rock could move to Main St or into the Pavilions after they are built. I think what has gone wrong with Bayou Place is that unfortunately the Metro Rail Line was built too far away. I think there are future plans for a subway line to pass right under the location where Bayou Place is. I also think one thing they could do to be improve access to and from the Downtown Aquarium and Bayou Place. That will happen soon after the bayou improvements I think there is a pedestrian bridge in the works.

^^^^^

Maybe the Hard Rock could move to Main St or into the Pavilions after they are built.  I think what has gone wrong with Bayou Place is that unfortunately the Metro Rail Line was built too far away. I think there are future plans for a subway line to pass right under the location where Bayou Place is.  I also think one thing they could do to be improve access to and from the Downtown Aquarium and Bayou Place. That will happen soon after the bayou improvements I think there is a pedestrian bridge in the works.

The subway is history. The new metro vision has a new east-west rail line from UH/TSU, a mixed-use expanded Wheeler station, Greenway Plaza, and ending in Uptown. There are no new lines planned for downtown. Although the Red line is suppose to be extended to a new multi-modal train/bus terminal just north of downtown, around where the current freight train tunnel is.

The subway is history.  The new metro vision has a new east-west rail line from UH/TSU, a mixed-use expanded Wheeler station, Greenway Plaza, and ending in Uptown.  There are no new lines planned for downtown.  Although the Red line is suppose to be extended to a new multi-modal train/bus terminal just north of downtown, around where the current freight train tunnel is.

so what is in the plan at central houston website is history? and what is the freight train tunnel?

when did that happen?

look at page 14

http://www.centralhouston.org/Home/Framewo...ges%2019-36.PDF

Exactly what I was going to say. The westside line from Downtown to 290, either on Washington or 7th Street, will run beside City Hall from the GRB. At least the current plan is to do so. They haven't tossed that line yet. It just isn't on the fast track, like the Galleria-UH-TSU line.

• 3 weeks later...

Althought the map says subway station, the map also says LRT. LRT can be lowered into a tunnel, but I doubt it.

Also, everything is that is visionary. Nothing is set in stone. It is used as a template. Just like the Buffalo Bayou Plan.

Althought the map says subway station, the map also says LRT. LRT can be lowered into a tunnel, but I doubt it.

Also, everything is that is visionary. Nothing is set in stone. It is used as a template. Just like the Buffalo Bayou Plan.

Well I hope it happens Houston does need transportation options. And Light Rail on surface streets won

I don't why you doubt they would put LRT in a subway. That is exactly what they propose to do, both in METRO documents, and in the Central Houston document that eelimon linked to. That has been METRO and city leaders' preference all along. The document states that the subway would be built contingent on METRO's funding timetable.

^^^^

that quote is from 2004 a little late with that comback Huh?

No just joking I see you recently joined. Welcome!

I live in Sabine Lofts and don't hear any noise at all.

Anyhow, one can get used to any kind of nose that is near ones home.

And you begin to miss the noise after you move away

Ahhhh! I miss Marin Corp boot camp in San Diego. The airport landing strip is right next to the barrcks on that base.

Archived