Arena Football Team Coming To The Berry Center

mrfootball

http://www.hcnonline.com/site/news.cfm?new...32256&rfi=6

Cypress-Fairbanks joins Corpus Christi, Laredo, Lubbock and Cincinnati as cities to recently acquire an Arena Football League minor team.

The Texas Copperheads of Arena Football 2 (AF2) officially relocated from Katy and the Leonard E. Merrell Center on Oct. 18 to play in northwest Houston's larger venue, the Richard E. Berry Center, providing 8,300 seats.

20061023_165620_1_story.jpg

http://www.hcnonline.com/site/news.cfm?new...32256&rfi=6

Cypress-Fairbanks joins Corpus Christi, Laredo, Lubbock and Cincinnati as cities to recently acquire an Arena Football League minor team.

The Texas Copperheads of Arena Football 2 (AF2) officially relocated from Katy and the Leonard E. Merrell Center on Oct. 18 to play in northwest Houston's larger venue, the Richard E. Berry Center, providing 8,300 seats.

20061023_165620_1_story.jpg

Yo FootBaller, do U think that Katy's gonna try to gain another team? Or perhaps Sugarland or Woodlands?

And what was the attendance average for the team when they were in Katy? Big audience?

Yo FootBaller, do U think that Katy's gonna try to gain another team? Or perhaps Sugarland or Woodlands?

And what was the attendance average for the team when they were in Katy? Big audience?

The crowds were about the equivalent to Roller Derby. Lots of crickets in the stands DJ. I really don't blame them for moving on. Perhaps I am wrong and they needed a bigger venue ? I don't think that is the case though.

I think it is funny how you see major pro teams pitting cities against each other and moving. Here you have a team pitting school districts. I can see it now in a couple of years, "We want a better lease or were moving to HISD!"

This isn't arena football, though. It is some other league.

I read that when they moved they also changed to a new league. Now it is the AF2, which is the Arena Football League's minor league.

As a Cy-Fair ISD taxpayer I would rather the team give money to Cy-Fair than Katy.

• The title was changed to Arena Football Team Coming To The Berry Center

Archived