Fort Bend County Grows And Grows

pineda

Uh, midtowncoog? That's an excellent ideal what david carr is doing. I would do the same. All the land fort bend has, and it's a really great place to live. David Carr is helping to build more luxury homes in fort bend area, maybe I'll live by him and say "hey david. Ready for the big game today? y'all better win. I'm pulling for y'all."

(from the Houston Press' guide of Houston places to visit)

15. You're Not on the List (or are you, Houstonsemipro?)

You want to see athletes while you're in town? You can go to bars downtown or in the Galleria area, and get shunted to the side while you whine, "But I have VIP tickets!"

Or you can visit where Houston's athletes live: Fort Bend County. Just be sure to bring along four forms of ID and a DNA sample. And a letter of recommendation from a resident. And a professional athlete as a passenger, just to be safe.

Houston's pro players live in the great southwest that is Fort Bend, in subdivisions that are called "gated communities" but which are only slightly less open than Dick Cheney's fabled undisclosed location.

In places like Quail Valley, the athletes cluster together near golf courses in expansive homes. They're a part of the community, as long as "community" is defined as "fellow pro athletes and bothersome jock-sniffers whose kids go to school with mine."

If by some chance you talk yourself into one of these places, our best advice is not to drive aimlessly around. Unless you like talking with rent-a-cops whose inherent sense of being big-time is magnified by the fact that they actually know an Astro, and you don't.

Should you ever sign with the Texans, however, expect a warm, friendly welcome.

• The title was changed to Fort Bend County Grows And Grows