Search Error

TheNiche

I'm getting the following error when I try to click on "View New Posts". I've tried this on two different computers, so I know its not just me.

mySQL query error: SELECT id FROM haisearch_results WHERE (member_id='1527' OR ip_address='207.114.253.130') AND search_date > '1160957799'

SQL error: Can't open file: 'haisearch_results.MYI' (errno: 145)

SQL error code:

Date: Sunday 15th of October 2006 08:16:59 PM

Sorry it took so long to fix. I think Trae was the first person to PM me about it, but I didn't notice because I'm traveling and only check my e-mail every other day or so. I was actually able to fix it from my phone while on a Thalys train from Paris to Brussels. Ain't technology grand?

Anyway, thanks for your patience. Hopefully it won't happen again for a while.

I was actually able to fix it from my phone while on a Thalys train from Paris to Brussels. Ain't technology grand?

How does something like this, which is software related, that already works, get messed up?

It boggles my mind when PC's and Programs crash, only to reboot and work fine again.

How does something like this, which is software related, that already works, get messed up?

It boggles my mind when PC's and Programs crash, only to reboot and work fine again.

When it comes to your home PC, rebooting is like taking a brief vacation and coming back fresh to start again.

That's not what happened with HAIF. It was a database corruption. It's not uncommon and fairly easy to fix.

Your ordinary home PC is expected to make several thousand errors each day. You normally don't notice them -- they're things like a momentary pause, or a single pixel on your screen that displays the wrong color for a fraction of a second but then is gone as quickly as it came.

In supercomputers and military computers errors are not tolerated. Even the so-called "99.999999999% reliability" isn't enough. When things MUST work, every instruction is executed at least twice and the results checked by a third processor. If they don't match, the instruction is repeated.

That's why the average kid can cobble together a home network of PC boxes for a few thousand dollars and call it a "supercomputer" but companies still spend millions on big iron mainframes.

Sorry it took so long to fix. I think Trae was the first person to PM me about it, but I didn't notice because I'm traveling and only check my e-mail every other day or so. I was actually able to fix it from my phone while on a Thalys train from Paris to Brussels. Ain't technology grand?

Anyway, thanks for your patience. Hopefully it won't happen again for a while.

Well aren't you just the cat's pajama's. Trapesin' all over Europe. Make sure to stop in a few towns in Germany, it is OKTOBERFEST you know. PROST ! ! ! But, don;t say PROST to any Germans, if you have a beer in your hand. That means "Challenge" to them ! You will have a hard time trying to find your train ticket while you are curled up under the picnic table at the Biergarden after about 3 or 4 PROST'S ! :lol::lol::lol:

Archived