Dallas Construction

houstonfella

The DFW Combined Metropolitan area is the combination of the DFW metropolitan area with adjacent metropolitan and micropolitan areas. While I'm sure it has some uses (like airport traffic) it doesn't well represent the urban and suburban fabric of the Metroplex, just like the Houston CMSA doesn't either IMO. The only metros off the top of my head that could be well represented by combining adjacent metros/micros would be the Bay Area and DC.

Jason

I tend to agree with you with regard to the D-FW and Houston CMSA's. I think the Census Bureau has made a hash of things with their latest definitions. In my view, the MSA category does not give an accurate comparison of metro areas nationwide (because it gives an inaccurate portrayal of the Bay Area and Boston and to a lesser extent DC, and probably some others). I agree that for an accurate portrayal of the urban and suburban fabric of the D-FW and Houston areas, it is probably best to look at the MSA's. But for a fair and accurate comparison to the other large metro areas, I think you have to go to the CMSA listings.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks Jason. You are the only one making sense of all this "we be big" "You be big" stuff." We all are what we are and that's all we can be. I love Texas. I'd move to Dallas in a heart-beat if I got the right offer. Although my heart tells me Houston's my love. And Tierwester, thanks!!!! I think you recognize my allegiance. :)

:wacko::wacko::wacko:

As a curious factoid, those 12 counties are a physically smaller area than the counties that make of metro Houston.

Jason

That was an interesting and curious factoid. Even more interesting, to me, is that they are almost exactly the same geographical size. D-FW's 12 counties add up to 9118 square miles. Houston's 10 counties add up to 9139 square miles, a difference of only about 2/10ths of 1 percent, a rounding error.

That was an interesting and curious factoid. Even more interesting, to me, is that they are almost exactly the same geographical size. D-FW's 12 counties add up to 9118 square miles. Houston's 10 counties add up to 9139 square miles, a difference of only about 2/10ths of 1 percent, a rounding error.

Oh my God! That doesn't even include our contiguous metropolitan areas. Am I surprised? Hell, no. I noticed the Uptown Skyline from my downtown office this morning and that 64-story tower that tells everyone that Houston's Uptown is really another downtown was majestic with a low cloud layer and the tower losing visibility into the clouds. By the way, the Water Wall below is one of the most inspiring things America's fourth largest city has to offer. Oooooo..... here we go again :lol::lol::lol: I think we can brag about our own city on our own board if we want too. B)

• 3 months later...

3 Ground breakings in 1 week!

Dirt to turn on condos

Two projects will start going up near downtown in the next week

09:11 AM CST on Thursday, January 25, 2007

By STEVE BROWN / The Dallas Morning News

stevebrown@dallasnews.com

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...os.1ca2f46.html

Developers are breaking ground during the next week on two long-awaited Dallas condominium towers.

Work will begin Friday just south of downtown on the 10-story Beat condominiums.

And on Wednesday, builders will start construction on the 22-story Tower Residences at the Stoneleigh Hotel in Uptown.

$120M-Plus Trophy Project Gets Under Way

By Connie Gore

DALLAS-A trio of power players, each carving out headquarters space, has broken ground this morning on a 20-story office tower and five-story residential-and-retail building. Projected at more than $120 million, the Uptown development is 40% preleased, with enough deals in the pipeline to fill the 445,000 sf of trophy office space.

Lincoln Property Co. and co-developer, Corrigan Properties Inc., have been working on the 2.9-acre plan for 2000 McKinney Ave. since summer 2004. The goal has been "to create a project that we think is going to serve that site with the best possible development," says Elliot Prieur, Lincoln's senior vice president and point man for the Texas Capital Bank Building project.

• 2 weeks later...
I like Houston better then Dallas.

Houston>Dallas

Houston>Dallas>San Antonio>Austin>Fort Worth.

Mumbai>Houston

Karachi>Houston

Largos>Houston

We are all different; I guess I am not as easily impressed by size alone, because I'd rather live in tiny Houston than Mumbai, Karachi or Largos, but apparently you would not.

Mumbai>Houston

Karachi>Houston

Largos>Houston

We are all different; I guess I am not as easily impressed by size alone, because I'd rather live in tiny Houston than Mumbai, Karachi or Largos, but apparently you would not.

Very true about not being impressed by size alone. Size means nothing. I mean, I would much rather live in San Francisco over Dallas or Houston or even Los Angeles... but between Dallas and Houston.......

Houston > Dallas

Enough said :-)

Mumbai>Houston

Karachi>Houston

Largos>Houston

Where did Karachi, Mumbai and Lagos come from?

I like Houston better because its 'me' ive lived there longer. Sure, with passing time ill grow into Dallas.

Yeah, but your right. Karachi, Lagos and Dushanbe would definitely top Houston for me. Not bout size (San Antonio is bigger then Dallas), its about the History and Culture.

FYI - Lagos is pronounced "Lay-Goes" :)

Just in case yall curious.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived