Chili's On Westheimer Pkwy.

bcnet

There is a new structure going up behind the almost completed Wachovia bank on the southwest corner of Westheimer Parkway @ Hwy 99 across the street from Target and CVS. Looks like some type of fast food, but it appears there is TABC alcoholic beverage permit posted on the site, but can

There is a new structure going up behind the almost completed Wachovia bank on the southwest corner of Westheimer Parkway @ Hwy 99 across the street from Target and CVS. Looks like some type of fast food, but it appears there is TABC alcoholic beverage permit posted on the site, but can

That Panda on Westheimer Parkway and Mason is real good!

Good to know Trae...haven't tried it yet, was waiting for someone else to take one for the team! LOL

I actually forgot about the one on Westheimer and Mason so I doubt this place is the same. What other fast food type joint sells alcohol...James Coney Island and ???

I just realized that you posted Westheimer PARKWAY and the Grand. I was thinking you were talking about Westheimer Road (FM 1093 or the Westpark Tollway). My reaction would've been, "Wow! It didn't take long for developers to discovery this intersection."

I still say you'll have a grocery store/shopping plaza at that intersection soon. Grand Lakes, Cinco Ranch, Seven Meadows and others are selling fast and the population is going up by the dozens every month.

I heard that Chili's (to be known as Chili's-Cinco Ranch) will open the 2nd week of December.

Is it my imagination or does it look to small to be a Chili's. I see the structure going up across from CVS at 99/Westheimer Parkway. It just looks kindof small for a Chili's. It looks more like a fast food type place.

• 3 weeks later...
Is it my imagination or does it look to small to be a Chili's. I see the structure going up across from CVS at 99/Westheimer Parkway. It just looks kindof small for a Chili's. It looks more like a fast food type place.

From what I understand Chili's doesn't have that big of an actual footprint. I also found out that going up next to Target are:

Famous Footwear, OfficeMax, Dollar Tree, and Mattress Giant and the building behind the new Chili's is a NTB.

Don't sweat it, Trea. I just found out that Carabba's is going in as on of the restaurants in La Centerra.

Yeah! I get discounts at the one by Memorial City :).

Famous Footwear, OfficeMax, Dollar Tree, and Mattress Giant and the building behind the new Chili's is a NTB.

Uh, bad choice of stores. These are like the exact same stores over at Fry by that HEB. In the same order, too.

why do they only have buger king's in the ghetto? (or older urban areas at least)

is it because they stopped building them 10 years ago?

It seems to be that way. You rarely see new Burger Kings. What I would really like in the are of Cinco Ranch or Westeimer @ Hwy99 is a Whataburger.

Burger King isn't as nationally accepted as McDonald's or Wendy's just like Whataburger and JITB aren't as nationally accepted. BK has to be careful not to expand too fast or too freely, lest they oversaturate the market. They typically don't build new locations unless the area has been established and is fairly dense. This is NOT the case in Florida or Georgia or most of the SE, where BK has a greater market share and doesn't compete with JTIB or Whataburger. And while Sonic is plentiful here in Texas, it's not quite the case in other places like SoFla, where you'd be harder pressed to find one nearby.

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Chili's On Westheimer Pkwy.

Archived