Strange Little Bridge On Highway 99

Parrothead

That bridge has been there for years, not sure how long though. The area has been abandoned for quite sometime and the motocycle riders in the area use it for motocross riding. The land is part of the new proposed mall which just recently built a JC Penney.

Yes! That's it! Great pic sevfiv. Thank you. I keep forgetting about that satellite thingimajig.

I wonder if, at one time, it was used as a utility bridge over that ravine for the rr that is no longer there? Hrm. It looks like there might have been a road at one point, gravel or dirt, not sure.

Yes! That's it! Great pic sevfiv. Thank you. I keep forgetting about that satellite thingimajig.

I wonder if, at one time, it was used as a utility bridge over that ravine for the rr that is no longer there? Hrm. It looks like there might have been a road at one point, gravel or dirt, not sure.

That's not a bad guess. It could also have been used when there were pipelines, oil wells, or other things constructed in the area in decades past.

• 2 weeks later...
Actually, I think it's meant to be an outside mall. But I have always wondered what that bridge was for as well, I see it all the time driving by and when I used to ride my dirtbike there.

I am sure it will be demolished. Kind of sad, even though it is a tiny bridge, it is a piece of our past. Would be nice if they could leave it.

• The title was changed to Strange Little Bridge On Highway 99

Archived