Car Insurance?

I have a few choices...I switched from Progressive after paying 1600+ dollar every 6 months(before i turned 21 and getting a license at 18) I switched to GMAC which lowerd me to almost 1100. Of course i jumped on it. Now i got a renewel for 1250...No way. So either way i've manged to get quotes from AMERIPRISE (amex) and progressive for roughly $520. I don't have any tickets or accidents. I have "Above average credit" according to progressive. Which one should i do? I've gone over the comps and dedutibles and matched up each insurance side by side. Nothing is differnt. I get towing, rental reimbursement...etcWhich one should i go with?

Call Amica. They have been quite good to me.

Don't know anything about the two companies you mentioned.

I usually call the following when shopping my policy around:

State Farm

Geico

21st Century (21st.com)

AIG

Progressive (only to use their online tool to get their competitor's rates)

This last round of renewals, however, I used the ins agent at my credit union, and she found me some excellent rates with SafeCo for both auto and home. I have two obsenely overpowered sports cars on my policy and it is $100/month.

I have a few choices...I switched from Progressive after paying 1600+ dollar every 6 months(before i turned 21 and getting a license at 18) I switched to GMAC which lowerd me to almost 1100. Of course i jumped on it. Now i got a renewel for 1250...

oh my!

if i had quotes like that i wouldn't drive at all

oh my!

if i had quotes like that i wouldn't drive at all

Well i have a good driving record. I haven't had my license that long. Full coverage insurance is needed for a financed car. You can't get to far in life without a car...Atleast not in Pasadena. No metro...

Liberty Mutual (Spring/Woodlands Office on Sawdust Rd.)

3 Vehicles Full Coverage 100/50/100

$1350.00 per year

2006 Suburban 4x4

2006 Chevy 2500 HD 4x4

2005 Tahoe LE 2x4

No Accidents

No Tickets

Use Gieco for my Scooters

1998 FLHE Classic $185/yr

2005 Jesse James WCC Custom $265/yr

Use Hagerty Insurance for my Classics

'67 RS/SS - $455/yr

'35 CHevy 5 door PV chopped/dropped By Coddington - $300/yr

'59 Vette - $200/yr

Well i have a good driving record. I haven't had my license that long. Full coverage insurance is needed for a financed car. You can't get to far in life without a car...Atleast not in Pasadena. No metro...

How old are you? Are you over 25? If not, then that's why you're paying higher rates. All insurance companies charge higher premiums to young males under 25.

There's another factor that may really tick you off. How's your credit? Have you ever defaulted on a loan? Are you a "slow payer"? Do you have a lot of "late pays"? Do you have a lot of debt? A high debt to income ratio?

Most car insurance companies now use credit scoring to set rates, and if you don't have a good credit history that could be a reason for your higher premiums. The Texas Department of Insurance did a study that shows a clear correlation between credit rating and claims activity, and it said people with bad credit file more insurance claims.

Whether we like it or not, society equates the ability to manage credit responsibly with responsible behavior. Several states have banned or put restrictions on the use of credit scoring in setting insurance rates, but not Texas.

And it's also true that Harris County drivers pay the highest premiums in the whole state, regardless of age, gender, or credit history. You can live anywhere else in Texas and get cheaper insurance.

Try AllState. I have 4 automobiles on there. 2 of mine own and 1 for each of my boys. $2400 per year. I dont know your age but my boys are 18 and 19.

I've been there and done that. At one time we were paying close to three grand a year for insurance on four vehicles -- 2 adults and 2 kids, who're both grown and off on their own now. You have no idea how relieved you are going to be when those kids get old enough to start paying their own bills and buying their own insurance. You will feel that the weight of the whole world has been taken off your back. Hoo-hahh

I've been there and done that. At one time we were paying close to three grand a year for insurance on four vehicles -- 2 adults and 2 kids, who're both grown and off on their own now. You have no idea how relieved you are going to be when those kids get old enough to start paying their own bills and buying their own insurance. You will feel that the weight of the whole world has been taken off your back. Hoo-hahh

That would be a nice moment for me! Dont think it will happen soon, both are in college and they seem to think im a cash cow.....forever asking for money ;)

Archived