richmond. it shares the stucco strip mall with a magazine

shop and a "kumon" childcare. every time i eat at the

hunan village (VD2!) i try and remember to look it up

when i go home but i always forget...

well, now they have their proper sign up and it says

"cremation services". i don't think it's has an incinerator

or anything but.... what an odd storefront to have. i am

assuming that it is a "spread your ashes at sea" sort of

thing with the name... i just thought it was odd.

so for a while i noticed there was something called "the

neptune society" in a strip center on s. shepherd near

richmond. it shares the stucco strip mall with a magazine

shop and a "kumon" childcare. every time i eat at the

hunan village (VD2!) i try and remember to look it up

when i go home but i always forget...

well, now they have their proper sign up and it says

"cremation services". i don't think it's has an incinerator

or anything but.... what an odd storefront to have. i am

assuming that it is a "spread your ashes at sea" sort of

thing with the name... i just thought it was odd.

i thought the neptune society dumped your body at sea. it seems like i remember demi moore's character, jules, in st. elmo's fire mention the neptune society. jules had to bury her evil step monster.

This is not "creepy" at all, aside from death itself striking some as creepy. To me, creepy is spending thousands of dollars on a fancy casket that is only used once to bury a body whole. Creepy is also visiting a gravesite to talk to the ground, as if the decomposed body underneath can hear you. I understand the therapeutic value for some, but it still could qualify as creepy.

For anyone that believes that the soul leaves the body upon death, cremation is a viable alternative to the shakedown of the relatives that occurs at a funeral home. Cremation also saves valuable land for use by the living, for those that care about those who live on after their death. Of course, for those that believe in zombies, cremation nips that problem in the bud.

This is not "creepy" at all, aside from death itself striking some as creepy. To me, creepy is spending thousands of dollars on a fancy casket that is only used once to bury a body whole.

I agree that creepy is the idea we all had as children of our relatives being eaten by worms. Cremation seems more dignified, not to mention the environmental advantages by not adding to the human landfills. Being buried could be considered the after-life version of owning an SUV :). And we could see some sort of tax break or something for those who opt for cremation in the future as land gets scarce.

Cremation seems more dignified, not to mention the environmental advantages by not adding to the human landfills.

Oh please! Drive out of the Houston city limits for 15 minutes and you'll see that we're incapable of filling up the land with dead bodies. Fly in an airplane and look out the window. We have vast vast lands. This is just as humorous as those tree huggers that claim that urban sprawl will gobble up all the open area. Yea right.

This is not "creepy" at all, aside from death itself striking some as creepy.

i guess i thought the creepy part was....

strip mall = daycare, magazine shop & cremation services.

it doesn't seem like a strip mall is the best place for that.

i would hope that's it's not exactly an impulse purchase and

not a "well, while i'm here..." sort of thing.

"As Seen on TV" !?!

Oh please! Drive out of the Houston city limits for 15 minutes and you'll see that we're incapable of filling up the land with dead bodies. Fly in an airplane and look out the window. We have vast vast lands. This is just as humorous as those tree huggers that claim that urban sprawl will gobble up all the open area. Yea right.

:lol: I was actually poking fun at extreme environmentalism thus the SUV comment but, at the same time, acknowledging that choosing cremation as a final, "help save the planet" step could be dignified in an understated, high thinking way.

And yes, the lands are vast, the oil reserves are endless, abundant water will always flow, the ocean can never be seriously polluted, the atmosphere can safely absorb anything and tossing a styrofoam cup out the window is meaningless.

i would hope that's it's not exactly an impulse purchase and not a "well, while i'm here..." sort of thing.

:lol:

I agree that creepy is the idea we all had as children of our relatives being eaten by worms.

Your eyes fall out

Your nose falls in

The worms play pinochle

On your chin

More cemetery and worm songs...

And leave it to Morrissey to write the best cemetery song ever.

Archived