anybody see Snakes on a Plane?

MexAmerican_Moose

i saw it today!!!! incredible movie...the atmosphere in the theater is an experience that i will never forget...everybody was saying stupid stuff and yelling and screaming..it was awesome!!! the best part was when Samuel said

"I am sick of these mother******* snakes on this mother******* plane!"

i swear....the entire movie theater erupted in cheers and applause!! it was the most fun i have had at the movies in a long time

I'm just waiting for the news of multiple events of people bringing real live snakes into the movie theatres... :lol:

i saw it today!!!! incredible movie...the atmosphere in the theater is an experience that i will never forget...everybody was saying stupid stuff and yelling and screaming..it was awesome!!! the best part was when Samuel said

"I am sick of these mother******* snakes on this mother******* plane!"

i swear....the entire movie theater erupted in cheers and applause!! it was the most fun i have had at the movies in a long time

So it was awesome that people were being rude during the film??

this is what made the movie fun....if you go, be sure to take a lot of your homies, it makes it that much more fun,,everybody joking around and making jokes

And your right, it made this movie a lot of fun.

sort of like the rocky horror picture show --- the banter makes a better show?

hey mexmoose --- what's with those 2 boxed quotes in your signature?

i am used to having stupid or funny quotes from people as my sig in other forums where it is popular...i am trying to use it in this forum also

So what is the plot of this movie?

Basically there is a witness to a murder on a plane and the guy he is testifying against is trying to kill him, so he puts snakes on a plane taking the witness to Los Angeles.

I thought it was a great movie. I especially thought it was funny when the kid that played video games landed the plane due to his experiences with a flight simulator.

The type of behavior discribed above is exactly the reason I don't go to theatres anymore (excluding R.O., Angelika). Apparently, people (teenagers) have no self control or respect for others.

And the its not like the theatres actually give a hoot, since they can't do their job right.

The type of behavior discribed above is exactly the reason I don't go to theatres anymore (excluding R.O., Angelika). Apparently, people (teenagers) have no self control or respect for others.

And the its not like the theatres actually give a hoot, since they can't do their job right.

Even 'highbrow' patrons aren't exempt from this rudeness. During a screening of Wordplay at the Angelika, I had the misfortune of having a chatty latecomer sit next to me. A whispered "Please don't talk" was greeted with an annoyed look, so I repeated it a bit more loudly. To my credit, the remainder of the sentence ("you silly deaf delicate flower") went unspoken.

One has to be careful these days:

About halfway through a matinee showing of "Brokeback Mountain "at the Cinemark 18 on the Gulf Freeway, Tynesha Crawford received a call.

A nearby viewer, Pauline Clayton, 65, acknowledges that she let Crawford know the phone was disturbing others, but exactly how she did that is in dispute.

Clayton, a tourist from Australia, told Webster police that she "tapped" Crawford's arm to get her attention. Crawford, 26, says Clayton slapped her arm while telling her to knock off the noise, police reported.

link to article

End result is that misdemeanor charges were filed against both women.

Man, would I love to be on that jury!

this type of movie is intended to be an "interactive" experience. you do not go see "snakes on a plane" to enjoy the cinematography or great writing. people being loud and silly is the point. these are not usually the type people who would pay to see "brokeback mountain" or "match point".

this type of movie is intended to be an "interactive" experience.

Is it advertised as an "interactive" experience? Its just a lousy* movie with a horrible storyline because they obviously have run out of ideas. So, people on the internet and such get the insight that there making a movie about snake being on an airplane. They get confused, because that is the stupidest thing they have ever heard. Then they create songs/t-shirts/etc. and everything is fun and games.

Just because of this, doesn't excuse anyone to create an uproar in a movie theatre. Its not a 3D adventure in Universal Studios, or a sports stadium. Public conduct and logic is going down the drain.

* Inappropriate word editing by the moderation staff.

i must disagree. i think you're missing the point of the movie. it was created to be a "B" movie experience. it was intended to be a laugh out loud, silly, unrealistic movie. it's supposed to be kitschy, predictable, camp, if you will. i read a critic this weekend who likened it to a new sort of "rocky horror picture show" for a new generation. it is intentionally bad and it knows it. it is what it is. we don't have to like it. :)

Basically there is a witness to a murder on a plane and the guy he is testifying against is trying to kill him, so he puts snakes on a plane taking the witness to Los Angeles.

I thought it was a great movie. I especially thought it was funny when the kid that played video games landed the plane due to his experiences with a flight simulator.

lol...when that kid was landing the plane....some random dude in the audience yelled out "Welcome to Good Burger, home of the good burger" funny as hell...everyone started laughing

Archived