Andrew Young, Ambassador For Walmart?

In the interview, published yesterday in The Los Angeles Sentinel, a weekly, Mr. Young said that Wal-Mart “should” displace mom-and-pop stores in urban neighborhoods.

“You see those are the people who have been overcharging us,” he said of the owners of the small stores, “and they sold out and moved to Florida. I think they’ve ripped off our communities enough. First it was Jews, then it was Koreans and now it’s Arabs.”

uhh...wow.

you'd think it would have been programmed in his worldly yet senile little mind that as a known civil-rights leader, those things shouldn't be said in interviews (but it's great that he was thinking those things).

and just because smaller stores can't buy ho-ho's in the bulk quantities that wal-mart can doesn't make them scammers...

doesn't he have a history of odd statements, though?

By giving weight to such stereotypes (the same ones I just watched on a 'Mind of Mencia' skit last night), he gives weight, by extension, to the very stereotypes of Blacks that he has spent a lifetime trying to erase.

Once again, the phrase, "What was he thinking", seems all too appropriate.

it seems that some of today's "civil rights" leaders are only concerned with there own civil rights. they seem to have no problem skirting the civil rights of others as long as they themselves are empowered. guys like andrew young continue to fuel racial tension. i'm very disappointed in his remarks. i'm fearful that he voices the sentiments of many african american leaders and communities today. (notice i said "many", not the majority.)

walmart would do well to hire someone "by the content of their character."

• The title was changed to Andrew Young, Ambassador For Walmart?

Archived