New restaurant on Preston downtown

• 3 months later...
A permit has been issued for converting a church to a restaurant downtown. The address is 1421 Preston. Anyone know anything about it?

I just came accross this forum and this post. Well, my name is mike Dosani. I and Mr. Alex Picazo are the co-owners of this restaurant. The name of the restaurant is PICAZO RESTAURANT BAR & GRILL. Its scheduled to be open in the first week of Jan 2007.

I just came accross this forum and this post. Well, my name is mike Dosani. I and Mr. Alex Picazo are the co-owners of this restaurant. The name of the restaurant is PICAZO RESTAURANT BAR & GRILL. Its scheduled to be open in the first week of Jan 2007.

What kind of food? Do you have a menu worked out yet?

• 2 weeks later...
What kind of food? Do you have a menu worked out yet?

Our menu includes combination of Italian, American, Mexican and Mediterranean. First phase (downstair + Patio ) is scheduled to be open end of Jan 2007. Second phase ( upstair + Terrace ) will be opened around april 07. Just on time for Astros home games.

Our menu includes combination of Italian, American, Mexican and Mediterranean. First phase (downstair + Patio ) is scheduled to be open end of Jan 2007. Second phase ( upstair + Terrace ) will be opened around april 07. Just on time for Astros home games.

Everyone mentions Mark's - where is Marks?

I used to go to church at Main Street Church of Christ - on Main, of course - closer to the Meacom Fountains than to downtown. Anyone know what that was converted to?

I used to go to church at Main Street Church of Christ - on Main, of course - closer to the Meacom Fountains than to downtown. Anyone know what that was converted to?

see my reply to your other thread. Central Church of Christ was on Montrose. Not sure if there was a Main St. CoC

http://www.houstonarchitecture.info/haif/i...st&p=129937

Edited by gnu

Seems like this is near the area where I have seen construction of a parking garage. I'll have to drive by again.

On a realted note I noticed a new "Hong Kong" restaurant on Franklin. Something like "Hong Kong Diner".

Anyone tried it?

I have, its pretty good. The hot and sour soup was good as well, which is how i measure a chinese joint.

RE: PICAZO RESTAURANT BAR & GRILL

Opening Jan 07? Sounds great! I'll definetly check it out.

Mark's is on lower Westheimer. It's expensive - have only been there once, but the food and service were outstanding. Will be going again this Saturday night for the office Christmas party. I'll give a new review then!

Mark's Restaurant

• 4 months later...

Picazo's been open for a couple months... I've been there twice. Great food, atmosphere, varied menu, reasonable prices, good service, great location near Toyota Center & the ballpark... That part of town really needed something like this!

http://www.picazodowntown.com/ Menu is online, without prices, but the prices are very reasonable.... something for everyone. It's perfect for when you want to eat at a nicer place downtown, but don't want to spend over $15-20.

Both times I've been (weeknights... most recently last night), it's been DEAD. But I hear it draws a good lunchtime crowd.

Edited by Htowngirl