Question About MUD Taxes In The Woodlands

mm mm good

I may be relocating to The Woodlands area from BraeBurn Valley West in a couple of years, and someone at the office told me the Villages of Panther Creek and Grogan's Mill had paid off the municipal bonds, thereby eliminating the MUD tax. I haven't been able to find any information to substantiate this claim, does any one know if this is true?

TIA

• Like 1

i live in grogan's mill. my most recent bill from MUD #36 only includes a state tax of .25 on a $50 bill. this bill includes water and sewer. i don't know if the MUD tax you are describing would be on this bill. my annual homeowner's association bill on a 130K house is around $450. this fee includes garbage pick up and recycling. someone else may know about the MUD tax.

I may be relocating to The Woodlands area from BraeBurn Valley West in a couple of years, and someone at the office told me the Villages of Panther Creek and Grogan's Mill had paid off the municipal bonds, thereby eliminating the MUD tax. I haven't been able to find any information to substantiate this claim, does any one know if this is true?

TIA

I think if you check HCAD's website and pull up a specific address it will show if there is a MUD tax...it should list all taxing jurisdictions.

TIA

Just a note for general reference: even once a MUD pays off its outstanding debts, it still has operating expenses to contend with. The older Woodlands communities are excellent examples of this. If anybody is interested in further research on the subject, the Texas Bond Review Board keeps records for nearly every MUD (as well as other public and quasipublic entities) in the State.

None of the MUDS in The Woodlands have been paid off to my knowledge.

PS. In MUD 46, we have no pressure again..couldn't even flush toliets this morning. The problem started last year....then they went and built 3000 more homes without resolving the problem. :huh:

• The title was changed to Question About MUD Taxes In The Woodlands