FC Barcelona/Club America In Houston

DJ V Lawrence

Can't remember the last time a soccer match sold out in Houston, much less a 65,000 seat stadium like Reliant. My friends and I are STILL trying to get tickets to the double-header tonight. If U wanna beat us out, check out ticketmaster. If U already got tickets, post some pics here on HAIF:) Ah, and the games will be shown tonight live on Fox Soccer Channel (worldwide broadcast).

Can't wait. If successful, this will be my first time ever inside Reliant Stadium! Can't wait to scope it out first hand. :)

Got my tickets this morning!

howard_dean.jpg

I think the tickets are sold out now.

To anyone that's going, there's gonna be a tailgate party on the Budweiser Gate side of Reliant Stadium. Budweiser, Univision, McDonald's, the whole shibangabang! I'm taking whatever pix I can, but I must warn U that my seats suck :P

Enjoy Reliant! I don't think I'm stretching too far by saying, it could be as loud as any football game held in Reliant. Especially if all the airhorns are out.

Question to anyone that's been to Reliant: Word on the street has it that every seat in Reliant are a great view, and the sightlines are MUCH better than that at the Astrodome. Is that accurate or exaggerated? (my seats are in 619 :lol: )

Question to anyone that's been to Reliant: Word on the street has it that every seat in Reliant are a great view, and the sightlines are MUCH better than that at the Astrodome. Is that accurate or exaggerated? (my seats are in 619 :lol: )

I was up there in the 600's for a monster truck rally and it was fine. I was in one of the endzone sections and had a little trouble seeing straight below to the endzone retaining wall, but that shouldnt be a problem for a soccer game. I was also in row R of the 600's so that didn't help either.

Absolutely not exaggerated. The seats at Reliant are much closer to the field than at the Astrodome. Even the cheap seats are better than most seats at the Astrodome. This place was built right. I can see that the roof is closed now even though it's been open for a few days, I guess it will stay closed for the game.

i was in the 500's for the Gold cup and it was great. and yes, extremely loud from the airhorns.

i was hoping to get tickets at the gate, when i checked this morning there seemed to be plenty.

maybe i'll see you at the tailgate DJ, i'll be the indian guy in a Carsberg/Liverpool FC jersey

Reliant Stadium was AWESOME!!!

We left the stadium early in the 82nd minute thinking that Club America won the match 4-1. However, Barcelona scored 3 goals in the last 5 minutes to tie the match 4-4 with Ronaldhino being a big part of it. The stadium was CRAZY during the Barcelona match, and everytime they showed Ronaldhino's face on the jumbotron or when he would work out, cameras were flashing from the sell-out crowd as if it was the beginning of the Super Bowl.

The rumors were true: There are no bad seats at Reliant. It was trippy. At one point, I walked to one section of seats at the very top where you're able to look out the window and see the roof of the Astrodome, and I could still see the players and ball clearly...something I couldn't do back in the old days in the Astrodome. The stadium remained closed, but I wanted to see what it looked like open-air. I also met some travellers. One couple of college students that drove from Austin, another group of two guys and 8 soccer kids that drove by fan from San Antonio, and a group that drove from Oklahoma that didn't even buy tickets until they arrived at Reliant that morning. I also gotta give props to the Reliant parking staff. It only took us 25 minutes to get from our parking spot to my home in Alief.

It's obvious that soccer is HUGE in Houston, but MLS is still young and trying to convert the international soccer fans into local MLS fans. Last night didn't help too much, as they lost 1-0 to the LA Galaxy. Perhaps if Dynamo's able to pick up a big name international star to join their current roster, they may be able to sell out Robertson. I also hear people in the gym talking about two teams: Dynamo and the Texans. They have more potential than I ever imagined in terms of marketing and finance. It also may take one smart business owner/investor to take Dynamo over the top in the revenue race with other international clubs.

I'ma post up pictures in the near future.

Can't remember the last time a soccer match sold out in Houston, much less a 65,000 seat stadium like Reliant. My friends and I are STILL trying to get tickets to the double-header tonight. If U wanna beat us out, check out ticketmaster. If U already got tickets, post some pics here on HAIF:) Ah, and the games will be shown tonight live on Fox Soccer Channel (worldwide broadcast).

Can't wait. If successful, this will be my first time ever inside Reliant Stadium! Can't wait to scope it out first hand. :)

I Think they had about 65,000 for a "friendly" between Mexico and USA in 2002 or 2003. This was a rematch from their 2002 meeting in Japan or Korea. It was a 0-0 tie. (SHOCKER)

There were scouts from an EPL team there. Manchester United was scouting Goal Keeper Tim Howard.

• The title was changed to FC Barcelona/Club America In Houston

Archived