37 members have voted

1. 1. Your leanings are more towards...

• Conservative
    • Liberal
    • Ultra Conservative
    • Ultra Liberal
    • Moderate
    • Dont really care

Which of these if any do you lean towards?

That is a woefully inadequate way to describe the political spectrum in America today. Most people have unique or hybrid political ideologies that they are unable to appropriately label, for lack of adequate education on the issue.

For instance, 'liberalism' has changed meaning various times and in various ways. Likewise, 'conservatism' used to refer to those who were in favor of the established anarchies of Europe. Now, it can mean any number of things, depending on how you apply various prefixes to it. And you're just plain leaving out libertarianism and its variants.

Which of these if any do you lean towards?

You left out half-liberal half-libertarian. :P

Social libertarian, believe that industries/corporations should be regulated, for universal health care, but generally believe that welfare and affirmative action are wasteful. I'm against federal spending but FOR local government spending. Corporal punishment should be mandatory and capital punishment should be banned. Open the borders and balance the budget.

Which party does that fit into?

That is a woefully inadequate way to describe the political spectrum in America today. Most people have unique or hybrid political ideologies that they are unable to appropriately label, for lack of adequate education on the issue.

For instance, 'liberalism' has changed meaning various times and in various ways. Likewise, 'conservatism' used to refer to those who were in favor of the established anarchies of Europe. Now, it can mean any number of things, depending on how you apply various prefixes to it. And you're just plain leaving out libertarianism and its variants.

what spectrum would you use then? i am interested to know.

jim hightower! (and others, i'm sure)
You win the prize, sevfiv! But I didn't get it quite right. It's actually,
There's nothing in the middle of the road but yellow stripes and dead armadillos.

Jim Hightower

I originaly thought it was Willy-but I could hear him saying the same thing.

what spectrum would you use then? i am interested to know.

Search for "political ideologies" in wikipedia. I personally don't like the way that they've categorized their list and still can't find a category in which I'd place myself, but it does give an indication as to the diversity of political thought.