New bar behind Chatter's on Heights

The owners of Chatter's (on S. Heights, near Washington) are building a bar directly behind the restaurant (it will share a common wall) that will be on Waugh. It's an all-brick structure (or maybe it used an existing structure?? I don't remember what was there before), with a large open patio area.

I love Chatter's, so I can't wait to see what type of bar they come up with.

I heard they want to open it in 2 months... if they can finish the construction in time.

I love that they are building more stuff near Washington... now when's someone going to put in a grocery store?!?!

The owners of Chatter's (on S. Heights, near Washington) are building a bar directly behind the restaurant (it will share a common wall) that will be on Waugh. It's an all-brick structure (or maybe it used an existing structure?? I don't remember what was there before), with a large open patio area.

I heard they want to open it in 2 months... if they can finish the construction in time.

I love that they are building more stuff near Washington... now when's someone going to put in a grocery store?!?!

Is Chatter's located where that old ice house was?

I think this will be named Kobain's if I remember correctly.

• 1 month later...

The "BarTab" blog on chron.com has a piece on this new bar. It is called Kobain.

BarTab Post on Kobain from chron.com

From the article/post:

"Kobain is located in the veritable impasse between Washington Avenue and Memorial Drive, where Waugh Drive exists only in double digit addresses before it splits apart into Yale and Heights Boulevard to the north.

But that's where the transience ends, because Kobain, I tell you, will soon prove itself as the new weigh station between the Heights and Montrose. It's built like a ski lodge, with a preference for happy hours and lengthy brunches, complete with a massive patio, wireless Internet, interior brick walls and leather couches designed to engulf the largest of frames."

what kinda menu does chatters have?

what kinda menu does chatters have?

I guess it's mainly mediterranean, but they have a little bit of everything - quite an extensive menu. And most of it's pretty healthy. It's one of my favorite restaurants - I've never had anything there I didn't like.

I love their sandwiches (the avocado turkey on focaccia bread is my fave), my best friend loves their chopped steak salad, my boyfriend loves their beef kabobs. And their pita bread is delicious.

From citysearch...

"Chatter's Caf

I already love Chatters. For a time I was eating there every other week as my friends opted to host baby showers, bridal showers, and birthday dinners there.

So when I heard Kobain was finally constructed, I had to visit. The place is very warm and handsome. It's cozy and I like the crowd (very laid back). They've had people book Christmas parties and other types of events there already. The area really needed this. Now I have a place I can conveniently stop by after work or on the weekends.

Archived