What will be the zip code for the moon?

Houston1stWordOnTheMoon

The postal service does have thousands of special use ZIP codes. Some people have their own ZIP codes, and not even +4 ones -- regular ZIP codes.

I think the Post Office should keep the current numbering convention, and give them a 9xxxx. Or it might make sense to go with something close to Cape Canaveral of Johnson Space Center's ZIP codes. Or some extension of the military system.

The postal service does have thousands of special use ZIP codes. Some people have their own ZIP codes, and not even +4 ones -- regular ZIP codes.

I think the Post Office should keep the current numbering convention, and give them a 9xxxx. Or it might make sense to go with something close to Cape Canaveral of Johnson Space Center's ZIP codes. Or some extension of the military system.

Very interesting post.

Guest Plastic

Quick answer, there wouldn't be any. ZIP codes are only used in The US. Under a treaty signed in the 20th no nation can own land off the planet Earth. SO it can't even become our territory like Guam or Peurto Rico.

Besides I don't think anybody would want to send mail to Space but maybeEMail. The cos t of sending mail up to The Moon would be quite exspensive.

The bigger question owould be what would you do while up there. It might be centuries for they get a mall as big as The Galleria and don't thinkof an amusement park. All t hey'll probrably be able to do is eat, work, and have sex which won't be bad cause the Moon's gonna need somebody to start the population. Maybe this would be a good place to put The Malll Of Texas............The Mall Of The Moon..............................

Lunar Mall? We can't even get Maddonna to come to Texas can't even ponder The Moon.

• 1 year later...
Wonder where all the tony neighborhoods will be. Since there are no beaches or forests, what will be considered prime real estate?

I imagine the "Earth View" lots will have a premium.

Archived