RPS Which House is This?

Scharpe St Guy

Inquiring minds want to know!!! Appears to me to have a walled in courtyard, nice looking home judging from the one picture.

Check out Roberts listing on Fair Oaks, good looking home, hard to imagine it's actually 58 years old.

Yes it is hard to imagine it is 58 yrs old cause they've pillaged the inside and removed mouldings, etc. Definitely less character than it probably had.

Yes it is hard to imagine it is 58 yrs old cause they've pillaged the inside and removed mouldings, etc. Definitely less character than it probably had.

Yeah...looks about like they've turned it into just another suburban tract home.

The mod looking one is not quite on the market yet. Inside it was finished out very similiar to the 7711 Lakewind house. It has the same tile ceilings with the redwood trim. Originally it had similiar cabinetry. It has had some moldings added to the cabinetry & it was painted. Light fixtures changed out, things mod purists will not like but won't bother others. The bathrooms have the original tilework still. It is very well maintained and has a pool in that courtyard. its a 4 bedroom with 4 full baths, formals & den. We're getting it appraised first before finalizing price. Its on the corner of Erie & Glenforest, right off Santa Elena. It's a good one! I have more interior pics.

I need another good mod in Glenbrook. I am about out of them! The one on Lakewind has an offer in the works, but not yet finalized. I expect that one to be gone (hope I don't jinx it). The big stone house on Colgate has a contingency contract on it. Both of these are being bought by Attorneys & their families. People have been coming out of the woodwork on the one on Alanwood too, but it is still available.

The Fair Oaks house will have better pictures next week. I am waiting until it is vacant to get the professional photos done. A lot of HAIF'ers have very specific taste on architecture/design and this one wouldn't appeal to everyone. People who like the newer look currently being offered by townhomes east of GRB would probably find it a viable alternative to townhome living. One person's vintage details is another person's lack of updates, so I guess the merits of that one will depend upon who you talk to! :D

Great bones! It will take a little vision to bring it back (should that be the owner's intention), but that house looks well maintained. Will this house be vacated or will you be showing it as it is? Any open house planned yet, or too early?

Jason

Archived